Location of sofabed in Veendam & Maasdam outsides

Sudriveraine

Hi there,

Could someone either tell me (or post a picture, even better!) where the sofabed is located in Veendam EE and/or Maasdam G oceanview cabins, i.e. is it close to the window with the main bed closest to the cabin entrance, or close to the bathroom with the main bed closer to the window? We are comparing 2 Canada/New England cruises for September. We are 3 of us travelling (myself, DH and my mother); we are used to sharing a cabin. The only thing we want to ascertain is that it's possible to walk to the bathroom without climbing over the sofabed when it's open. I read a cabin review where the poster said they couldn't get to the bathroom without climbing over the sofabed when it's out, and that would be sort of tricky in the middle of the night ;).

I did check the very useful website that posts Hal pictures, but none of the available cabin numbers are actually pictured. There are both cabins with the sofa close to the window (which we prefer) and cabins with the sofa close to the bathroom (which we're concerned about) on the site, depending on the categories.

Thanks in advance,

Sudriveraine

The sofa is between the bathroom wall and the foot of one of the beds. It is across from the desk. The closets are across from the bathroom door, and there is a curtain that can be drawn to separate the bathroom/closets from the bedroom/living room area.

The bed does not open across the walkway. It turns into a twin bed with the head at one of the armrests, and the foot at the other.

I think this answers your real question. There should be room enough for people to walk, even when the third bed is open. Sitting, however, is another matter. :eek:

I think on the Maasdam (and maybe even Veendam, not been on that ship) G cats are limited to 2 passengers per cabin. I could be wrong and hope if I am someone will chime in. I think FF, F, EE, E, DA, D, and CQ all have a possible 3rd person accommodation. :)

but none of the available cabin numbers are actually pictured.
As fatcat said, there are no triple Gs on the Maasdam or Veendam - you would have to move up to at least FF. But as far as pictures go, you don't really need to see the specific cabins, just one of the same type in the same area on any one of the S-class ships.

Archived