Debarkation times Carnival Long Beach Los Angeles

CRUISIN2X2

Does anyone know what the average time is for self debarkation? I want to get an 11 am flight and think it is doable if I am out by 8 am..I have seen posts that stated they got off as early as 7:30 am. What flight times out of this port have you booked and been fine with? Thanks lots.

I wouldn't go by the arrival in port time for any cruise. And I would think that all immigrations and customs checks need to start before any one, even though planning on taking off their own luggage (and remember, without help), by themselves.

Another variable is which airport are you talking about. If your flight leaves from LAX, you'll have freeway traffic to deal with (even on weekends, there could be lots of traffic). And which date? If you are getting off your ship on the day of the LB Grand Prix, there could be a lot of traffic.

Based upon your other posts, it appears you are coming on the reposition through the canal in January. You have 2 seas days from Cabo, and it takes (only) a bit over 1.5 days to do it. So you should arrive on-time (early), but customs checks on this trip will probably be pretty extensive.

You can not compare disembark times for a 3/4 day short Mexico trip to one like you are on. Even with that said, I don't see any problem making an 11am flight. Travel time on a Sunday to LAX is under 40 minutes.

Are you on the Imagination Panama cruise? The ship is scheduled to arrive around 8am on a Sunday.

Sailed from Long Beach many times. Sometimes we sail right thru customs and other times we have waited forever, especially if there is a crew check. Because the Imagination is a new ship to Long Beach there could be some issues.

11am might be doable to the Long Beach Airport. It is very close. But if you miss your flight there aren't too many other options. John Wayne (SNA) is a bit better

LAX is about 30 minutes away, barring accidents, construction or freeway closures. Much LA freeway construction occurs on weekends. We have experienced several CHP traffic stops on the freeways leading to LAX.

LAX itself is always a crapshoot. Cannot tell you how many times we have been stuck in non moving traffic at the airport itself. Security lines can be non-existant or snake around the building.

Are you planning on taking a shared shuttle or taxi? A shared service has to go to every terminal. If you are in Terminal 7 (United) the wait can be very long indeed. At midnight it took us 45 minutes just to get to the Bradley Terminal.

For peace of mind I would book a flight after 1pm. If you arrive early you can always inquire about boarding an earlier flight.

Does anyone know what the average time is for self debarkation? I want to get an 11 am flight and think it is doable if I am out by 8 am..I have seen posts that stated they got off as early as 7:30 am. What flight times out of this port have you booked and been fine with? Thanks lots.

You may also want to check Long Beach Airport (LGB) which has flight to Florida on JetBlue. The other alternative is Orange County (SNA) which has all the major airlines and Southwest. Both airports are small and you can get through them quickly. You may find a schedule and fare that works better for you than LAX.

Thanks for all of the input, I see mixed reviews which how I am feeling. I did look at other airports and airlines but nothing beat LAX Southwest for price and times. The price difference between the "wanna get away" and other prices was almost double and in some cases was. With that being said, if I miss the flight then I will really be paying more double and then some. The last time I booked SW and asked for an earlier flight (four hours)it cost me almost $300 to change flights. If it would be a small change fee I would not mind paying it but it was almost the cost of the original tickets (plane was not full) and it was only a little over an hr flight so I try to book accordingly. Much to consider, we usually fly out of FLL and that ship docks at 8 but we can usually debark by 6:30 sometimes so we book early flights but I was not thinking about the ship being there for the first time. Much to consider, thanks again for the posts.

Archived