Where do you "hang out?"

sppunk

I wonder, if we put a tiny wind chime in our family cabana, would anyone be offended? I would never want to bother anyone. I just found a 3" one.

This will be the first time with a cabana and so we have always gravitated to the library, the most quiet we could find. I have to say, I hate the noise of windchimes - they just drive me crazy - so sorry. I guess I am weird as wind chimes are one of those noises that get under my skin.

good to know. hopefully they play something low.

I wonder, if we put a tiny wind chime in our family cabana, would anyone be offended? I would never want to bother anyone. I just found a 3" one.

We love the wind chime the Eurodam had, but they lost it in a storm the steward told me.

This will be the first time with a cabana and so we have always gravitated to the library, the most quiet we could find. I have to say, I hate the noise of windchimes - they just drive me crazy - so sorry. I guess I am weird as wind chimes are one of those noises that get under my skin.

1of4, we too would not want wind chimes intruding. Personally, I like them at some times, in some places, but my DH loathes them everywhere, all the time.

Sorry surfergirle, your wind chimes would be an unwelcome intrusion for us.

1of4, we too would not want wind chimes intruding. Personally, I like them at some times, in some places, but my DH loathes them everywhere, all the time.

Well then you wouldnt have enjoyed our first 3 Eurodam cruises :p

The one the ship had was much bigger than 3" keychain one lol.

Sitting in a teak lounger on the Prom deck with a book, cup of coffee maybe even a few nibbly things - after all I go to sea to see the sea and thats where I'll find it!

One cool Alaskan day I tried the library and had to leave - it was more like a Dr's waiting room with all the coughing and sneezing going on lol

I have to say, I hate the noise of windchimes - they just drive me crazy - so sorry. I guess I am weird as wind chimes are one of those noises that get under my skin.

Me too - they drive me nuts!

We are driven by where we can find sunshine or shade. If there is something I see from the balcony that interests me, I'll spend a couple of hours there painting a watercolor. If its shady I'll read there. Or we'll find a shady spot on the Lido deck, preferably near the Lido Grill.

Me too - they drive me nuts!

My DH also hates wind chimes.. :eek:I can tune them out..;)

We hang out on the Promenade deck if it's warm, but on our SA cruise in Jan most of the time we were in the Library because it was too cold to sit out on Prom. deck....

cheers...Betty

If we are at sea, on the S- & R-Class ships, my favourite spot is the Explorer's Lounge close to a window for reading. On the Signature-Class ships, I prefer the Ocean Bar by the windows close to the glass elevators. On Vista-Class ships, it's my cabin; I have not found a nice comfortable place on the Vista-Class ships.

If we are in port/at anchor, I prefer to be outside as long as the weather is co-operative. The Promenade Deck is great for views, but if I am going to be there a while, I'll go up to the aft pool area where there are tables and a view. I find the lounge chairs uncomfortable and much prefer to be at a table or one of the couches.

My DH also hates wind chimes.. :eek:I can tune them out..;)

We hang out on the Promenade deck if it's warm, but on our SA cruise in Jan most of the time we were in the Library because it was too cold to sit out on Prom. deck....

cheers...Betty

The wind chime in the Retreat on the Eurodam was MUCH better the first three years than the Techno music last year, and it was the same CD over and over! To each his own. Maybe lesser evils for some.

We walk miles on the promenade deck. It is so enjoyable and then I can eat dessert with no guilt. After walking multiple laps we sit and read on a nice lounger on the promenade deck.

The wind chime in the Retreat on the Eurodam was MUCH better the first three years than the Techno music last year, and it was the same CD over and over! To each his own. Maybe lesser evils for some.

No kidding. Add to that loud obnoxious people. It's funny what some find irritating. I also been around people that whistle constantly. That drives me nuts.

How was the Cabana Club on the N.A. Recently? Music? Or Quiet?

We were on the N.A. Last November and they also played the same techno loop over and over. Though it wasn't my taste in music, we made the best of it and have great memories from it. My wife and I still jokingly repeat some of those lyrics to each other and it always gets a smile. Will be back on the Eurodam this November and hope to hear something different.

We were on the N.A. Last November and they also played the same techno loop over and over. Though it wasn't my taste in music, we made the best of it and have great memories from it. My wife and I still jokingly repeat some of those lyrics to each other and it always gets a smile. Will be back on the Eurodam this November and hope to hear something different.

Oh no! I was hoping for quiet... That CD made me nuts!

Carival's serenity deck discontinued music a while ago. So nice to have a quiet place!

Thanks for reporting back.

I can't believe they have to play that awful overhead music everywhere! That's supposed to be a "retreat". Whatever happened to the Sounds of Silence???

As for me, and where I hang out, on S- and R-class ships, that's easy: I can be found in my favorite personal, private, don't anyone dare sit in it, lounger on Lower Promenade. On the Vista/Signature ships it's a similar idea on Promenade Deck, but it just doesn't feel as "right". :rolleyes:

I still haven't found "the" place on Prinsendam. Maybe I should book another cruise on her and try again. ;)

Now, when sailing in warmer climates, it's tougher. I usually have to go inside, and maybe end up in the Explorers Lounge reading. Wherever it's coolest and quiet.

Just curious, on a sea day or when you are on board at port, where tends to be your go-to hangout spot?

Stateroom not included - that one is obvious. :)

For instance e tend to, on the ships with Mix, hang out in the seats along the opposing wall. On Vistas, we love to sit idly in the Crows Nest. On Signatures, Silk Den during the day s heaven (it helps Tamarind at night is also heaven!).

We really don't participate in any activities except sometimes the enrichment lecturer (though they often are beyond annoying) or a movie. We aren't pool people so we never are lounger lizards.

What say you?

The Crows Nest for part of day and library for part. I love to read and those are great places to look up from my book and see a fantastic view of the ocean.

I like this thread to read what makes people happy and relax and what they notice, the things I haven't. The promenade is a gem but I don't really use it that much. The Explorers lounge although I have passed through and overheard many interesting conversations I just keep going. I love the crows nest for pre dinner 2 for 1 drinks.

but for me there is something about the observation deck on the port side at the back of the ship. It's quiet, lots of free chairs but it's the smell. The vents must be from the bakery because it seems no matter when I go especially in the morning when its quiet all I can smell is baked goods. For me there is the excitement about where we are going but also the sense that wherever we are I am home. It's a place that I really feel comfortable and quiet.

I like to read, so my first choice is the Promenade Deck in a teak lounger in the shade. Second would be Explorations Cafe in one of the big black loungers there. DH goes to the pool. At night, we like to go to the Piano Bar if the piano player is good.

I do lots of walking on the promenade deck, and I hang out in the corner of the Crow's Nest, where it's a bit quieter, and read or people watch or gaze at the water. I attend lectures, and I visit the gym daily.

On sea days we go to the gym first thing, then walk a few miles on the the promenade. We love to hung out in the Thermal Suites after our morning workouts. The rest of the port day we hung out by the pool and maybe participate in any event that interest us.

On port days it is off the ship as soon as possible for adventure and not back till the last minute ;)

Archived