Choosing Cabins on Pacific Princess

mycruisey

I am considering the World Cruise on Pacific Princess in 2015. Can anyone comment on the porthole cabins on deck 3? I am trying to decide between those or the obstructed view on deck 6.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What I do when I'm unsure about a long cruise on an unfamiliar ship ( I've never done a world cruise - I wish!) is to take a short cruise on the ship well ahead of time to check out all the features that interest me.

I have sailed the Regatta (Oceania but the same model ship) in the cabin on deck 6 with the least obstructed view - it's a sideways cabin, rather small, no real room for the table, not much view - and I found it uncomfortably small even sailing solo - it's 143 sq. ft.. It'd be OK for sleeping/showering/dressing but I wouldn't want to spend too much time there otherwise.

I'm sorry, I didn't snoop into the deck 3 cabins but I think they are the usual configuration and are 165 sq.ft.

I am considering the World Cruise on Pacific Princess in 2015. Can anyone comment on the porthole cabins on deck 3? I am trying to decide between those or the obstructed view on deck 6.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would not book the obstructed view cabins on deck 6. I did not like the layout. Very inconvenient. I have had the ocean view on deck 4 with a window and liked that better. I think the porthole would be fine.

There is a blog on this site with photos of the obs view cabins...check it out before you book. Search obstructed view in the search box.

Obst view or inside is very long for a World Cruise...you might think again.....:confused:

We have been in a cabin on Deck 4 all the way forward and liked it a lot - large, quiet, picture window, convenient.

We have also been on Deck 3 - very, very claustrophobic with a tiny, tilted porthole. I ended up reading all night somewhere on the ship and sleeping during the daytime when I didn't feel quite so closed in. Couldn't wait for the cruise to end (so not like me).

Friends had a cabin with a large round window forward on one of the decks with mostly balcony cabins - they were very pleased.

Since those, we have always had the cheapest (not obstructed) balcony and that's where we will be from now on.

We did a 28 day Amazon cruise on the Pacific and were in a cabin with s portholes on deck 3. The porthole is small and fairly difficult to see out. The major drawback is that you aren't far above the water & if the seas are rough the steward is instructed to close the cover. In essence it becomes just like an inside cabin. You also can hear the waves as they wash up & over the porthole. We were in the cabin during a storm before the steward came to close it & it was a strange feeling not to see anything but water. We wouldn't book one again especially for the World Cruise with over 60 sea days. However if you wouldn't mind an interior cabin you shouldn't have problems with the cabin. For us it was just too claustophobic. By the way, the steward will tell you that the Captain is the one that orders the portholes closed so we asked the captain if that were true & he said it was. As part of the safety procedures when the seas & winds reach certain levels the order is issued to cover the portholes for the safety of the ship.

Actually being in one of these cabins makes you feel as though you're on an old-time ship of yore.

The pax cabins on deck 3 are starboard. The port cabins are for staff. The passageway can be quite busy at times with staff buzzing around.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Archived