Aft Corner Junior Suite 7666 on Enchantment of the Seas 2013

When considering cabin selection, I failed to find photos of the aft corner junior suite on Enchantment of the Seas. The deck plans showed the balcony on the deck 7 aft corner suites to be smaller than the aft neighbors. Having booked the aft corner junior suite in this Vision Class before, I suspected this deck plan drawing was misleading. These photos will hopefully help others by showing accurate perspective.

The aft corner balconies on Enchantment are larger than the neighboring aft balconies (I looked over at my neighbor's balcony). I estimated that I had almost twice the balcony square-footage as my next door neighbor. On Enchantment, these balconies do not wrap around the side and extend well down the side of the ship as they do on Vision of the Seas, but they wrap to the side about five feet beyond the edge of the cabin walls (the posted deck plans do not indicate this). You have a view straight behind the ship as well as off to the side and down the side of the ship. The balcony held two loungers, two chairs, and two side tables, while still leaving plenty of square-footage to walk around. The room itself seems a bit smaller (not much at all) than the junior suites along the side of the ship, although it also seems a bit wider. This suite also has a large walk-in closet and the larger, corner-view balcony that the junior suites on the side do not. I did slightly hear the music from the lounge below, only at night and only when outside on the balcony; this did not bother me one bit. The balcony is my favorite hang-out and this balcony did not disappoint! I wanted to share. The attached photos show the room, the view of the balcony straight out from the sliding glass doors, the view of the balcony off to the left of the sliding glass doors, and one view trying to get as much of the balcony square-footage as possible.

1503463670_juniorsuite7666onEnchantment.jpg.9c2d13b8bebee42d4b196db9ac718a36.jpg

2048182296_1balconyviewstraightthroughroomdoor.jpg.3b5827cbc1d7ea797e6e1e9802afbaa0.jpg

1154808342_1balconyviewtoleft.jpg.1f92b069725d722723c48aed11397d4c.jpg

22252192_1balconyviewsizeR_001.jpg.0857ed8027c397791513f8e60af4926d.jpg

Clarea,

I did hear the band slightly from below each night- it seemed only after 11pm - maybe 11p-2a on the last two nights - I never heard them on prior nights for some reason. I only heard it when outside on the balcony. Truly, I kind of enjoyed being serenaded by the band on my own private balcony - no bother at all. When I was inside the room, I heard nothing. I did hear the people slam the door regularly above me on the deck 8 corner family suite, That bugged me for a moment and then I let it go deciding that the family was having a good time and the kids probably did not know they were slamming it so. I thoroughly enjoyed this location and it was my third time aft - twice now on a corner and once in the middle aft. I will work for a corner now every time.

Did you notice any late night music sounds from the lounge below?

Clarea,

(I posted my first reply in the worng place!) I did hear the band slightly from below each night- it seemed only after 11pm - maybe 11p-2a on the last two nights - I never heard them on prior nights for some reason. I only heard it when outside on the balcony. Truly, I kind of enjoyed being serenaded by the band on my own private balcony - no bother at all. When I was inside the room, I heard nothing. I did hear the people slam the door regularly above me on the deck 8 corner family suite, That bugged me for a moment and then I let it go deciding that the family was having a good time and the kids probably did not know they were slamming it so. I thoroughly enjoyed this location and it was my third time aft - twice now on a corner and once in the middle aft. I will work for a corner now every time.

Clarea,

I did hear the band slightly from below each night- it seemed only after 11pm - maybe 11p-2a on the last two nights - I never heard them on prior nights for some reason. I only heard it when outside on the balcony. Truly, I kind of enjoyed being serenaded by the band on my own private balcony - no bother at all. When I was inside the room, I heard nothing. I did hear the people slam the door regularly above me on the deck 8 corner family suite, That bugged me for a moment and then I let it go deciding that the family was having a good time and the kids probably did not know they were slamming it so. I thoroughly enjoyed this location and it was my third time aft - twice now on a corner and once in the middle aft. I will work for a corner now every time.

Thanks for the feedback. We had the opposite corner once (7166) and could clearly hear the music from the lounge, inside our stateroom. Most of the time it was over by 11pm, but one night it went later. I've read here before that 7666 does not have near the sound transmission from the lounge as 7166, but I wanted to get your take on it.

Thanks for the feedback. We had the opposite corner once (7166) and could clearly hear the music from the lounge, inside our stateroom. Most of the time it was over by 11pm, but one night it went later. I've read here before that 7666 does not have near the sound transmission from the lounge as 7166, but I wanted to get your take on it.

Wow, I could have picked either one, so I am lucky I clicked 7666 based on your feedback! Maybe the stage or speakers are nearer or pointed more toward 7166? I only heard the music at later hours this time, after about 11pm - when it was a DJ playing current songs and not a live band. If there was a band at earlier hours I did not hear that at all, even on the balcony.

This was another big plus...these two corner rooms on Enchantment's deck seven, junior suites 7666 and 7166, are NOT on the main hallway at all. No one walks (or runs or stomps or yells) past your room door. Both room entrances are down a little dead-end side hallway with only that door on the hallway...separated from the main hallway by several feet...see photo (I took this photo standing in the main hallway). The door at the end of the hallway is a staff-only exit and I never saw anyone use it - the door on the right goes to Enchantment junior suite 7666.

320284437_1hallwayseparatingroom.jpg.53ea353057e583e6d9be618d5108bebc.jpg

Edited by LoyalRoyal 1973
added final note

This was another big plus...these two corner rooms on Enchantment's deck seven, junior suites 7666 and 7166, are NOT on the main hallway at all. No one walks (or runs or stomps or yells) past your room door. Both room entrances are down a little dead-end side hallway with only that door on the hallway...separated from the main hallway by several feet...see photo (I took this photo standing in the main hallway). The door at the end of the hallway is a staff-only exit and I never saw anyone use it - the door on the right goes to Enchantment junior suite 7666.

These staterooms are also some of the very few JS staterooms on the ship with walk-in closets.

Wow, I could have picked either one, so I am lucky I clicked 7666 based on your feedback! Maybe the stage or speakers are nearer or pointed more toward 7166? I only heard the music at later hours this time, after about 11pm - when it was a DJ playing current songs and not a live band. If there was a band at earlier hours I did not hear that at all, even on the balcony.

We have had 7666 on Enchantment twice, and have it booked again this coming October. While the room seems smaller than JS on newer ships, we really enjoy the large, pie-shaped balcony and the views that it offers. The first time in 7666 we were unaware of any music from the lounge. Then again, we seldom returned to our cabin before 1am. :D

The second time I do recall hearing it. I can't recall if it was during a quick trip back to the cabin or if we turned in early one night. Either way, it was very faint and not bothersome at all. The white noise app on my phone would easily have drowned it out if necessary.

We have had 7666 on Enchantment twice, and have it booked again this coming October. While the room seems smaller than JS on newer ships, we really enjoy the large, pie-shaped balcony and the views that it offers. The first time in 7666 we were unaware of any music from the lounge. Then again, we seldom returned to our cabin before 1am. :D

The second time I do recall hearing it. I can't recall if it was during a quick trip back to the cabin or if we turned in early one night. Either way, it was very faint and not bothersome at all. The white noise app on my phone would easily have drowned it out if necessary.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

I am trying to decide if I want this cabin (7666) vs. a balcony vs. a panoramic OV on deck 8. The price is $250 more for a balcony and $500 for the JS vs. the panoramic OV, for a four day itinerary. It is tempting for sure.

Does anyone have bathroom/closet pics of 7666?

I am trying to decide if I want this cabin (7666) vs. a balcony vs. a panoramic OV on deck 8. The price is $250 more for a balcony and $500 for the JS vs. the panoramic OV, for a four day itinerary. It is tempting for sure.

Does anyone have bathroom/closet pics of 7666?

I don't have photos, but I know there is a walk-in closet in 7666.

We had cabin 7666 this past January. I attached a picture of the balcony that is alittle unusual - it has snow on it!

When we were on we found that they had 2 chairs in the room next to the sofa. It was so crowded you could not walk through to the balcony without moving the furniture. My husband actually put one of the chairs into the closet (it is that big). We spoke with our cabin attendents supervisor (not sure of his title) about how much furniture was in there. From your pics it looks like they have removed one chair. That is good.

Our observations:

We never heard any noise from the lounge.

The closet is awesome.

The bathroom was a very nice size with a tub.

We would chose this room again, anytime.

1917185476_2013CruisewithMomMomandPopPop010.jpg.dcdc6cf4d99ab264cd8613caf1cc19d2.jpg

664154633_2013CruisewithMomMomandPopPop011.jpg.968d3ff133701f4624414be6be11eb43.jpg

306974145_2013CruisewithMomMomandPopPop380.jpg.edcbcf9e1bc00dda8a57ffe1110e1f1b.jpg

When we were on we found that they had 2 chairs in the room next to the sofa. It was so crowded you could not walk through to the balcony without moving the furniture. My husband actually put one of the chairs into the closet (it is that big). We spoke with our cabin attendents supervisor (not sure of his title) about how much furniture was in there. From your pics it looks like they have removed one chair. That is good.

We were in 7666 in January. Loved the balcony! The room was so crowded with furniture that you could barely walk.....in fact I smacked my toe on a chair and broke it. Put that on my comment card and received a call - I told them my thoughts on the furniture and they said they would look into it. Very glad that they removed the chair. That was my only complaint - had some parties on the balcony with 20+ people and there was still plenty of room.

We had cabin 7666 this past January. I attached a picture of the balcony that is alittle unusual - it has snow on it!

Our observations:

We never heard any noise from the lounge.

The closet is awesome.

The bathroom was a very nice size with a tub.

We would chose this room again, anytime.

Oh I love the snow on the balcony - how cool! Yes, they only had one chair now. That shows that the configuration is different from the junior suites on the side that do have two chairs easily. the aft is just shaped different inside, maybe a bit smaller, but huge walk-in closet and huge balcony.

We have 7666 in October for a back-to-back-to-back....3 cruises! (4-day, 3-day, 4-day, so 11 days total). We've been in the aft corner JS on Grandeur, and while the actual room did seem smaller than a regular JS, we chose the aft corner again for the fantastic balcony and walk-in closet, which as Bob mentioned, most JS on this class of ship don't have the walk-in. We love being secluded back there in the corner with very little foot traffic passing by!

Peter

we have 7666 in october for a back-to-back-to-back....3 cruises! (4-day, 3-day, 4-day, so 11 days total). We've been in the aft corner js on grandeur, and while the actual room did seem smaller than a regular js, we chose the aft corner again for the fantastic balcony and walk-in closet, which as bob mentioned, most js on this class of ship don't have the walk-in. We love being secluded back there in the corner with very little foot traffic passing by!

Peter

exactly!

I don't have photos, but I know there is a walk-in closet in 7666.

Here are two photos I took of the unique walk-in closet in JS 7666 (and 7166) on Enchantment of the Seas. One photo shows the two walls of railings provided. The other photo tries to show the floor space - the right-hand wall can barely be seen in the far right portion of the photo.

839066154_closetwalkin.jpg.6f05d4f8cc7646c2393444ce9e88bf15.jpg

667577034_closetfloorspace2.jpg.a378d8cd3b0d7f9dac5800f4d3e37a91.jpg

Booked a JS on the Enchantment for 8/30/13, Labor Day, sailing. After reading your post, and looking at the pictures, I jumped on the RCI web site, saw that 7666 was still avilable; called my TA immediately and got my JS changed. WOW! I love the privacy, and the balcony looks wonderful. Thanks for posting.

WOOP WOOP :D

• 2 weeks later...
Booked a JS on the Enchantment for 8/30/13, Labor Day, sailing. After reading your post, and looking at the pictures, I jumped on the RCI web site, saw that 7666 was still avilable; called my TA immediately and got my JS changed. WOW! I love the privacy, and the balcony looks wonderful. Thanks for posting.

WOOP WOOP :D

Great! That's what these foums are about. Tell me how you liked it when you get back...the privacy of being off the main hallway run is a nice perk...and the closet...and the amazing balcony and views it affords. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we got lucky in getting 7666. I only booked the cruise a few weeks ago, and had been watching available rooms on the website. One day 7666 popped up, and I read some of the threads about it on here. Sounds like it is a pretty good find. Anybody have any recent information about the suite, entertainment, food, or other options that I wouldn't have discovered on the 7666 thread or the company website? Is there a 70's party on the 4 night sailing? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Cruise Critic, but not cruising. Thanks in advance!