Washington DC to Bayonne/Cape Liberty

nosaturn

My wife and I will be in DC in August and then hopefully cruising out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda inboard the Celebrity Summit. I've read about people using Amtrack or some shuttle bus operated by RCCL... What other options should we consider since we'll have to get back to DC afterwards so we can fly home to Seattle? I'd like to avoid spending too much money and we won't have a car. Unless I can convince a friend to drive us ;)

IMO this is your most economical option from Washington, DC. https://www.enttours.com/destinationdetail.aspx?iDestinationInfoId=13

It's $110 pp person round trip from Union Station in Washington directly to the Bayonne Cruiseport with possible stops in Baltimore, Wilmington, and Philadelphia. I use this service all the time from Boston.

You can take Amtrak from Washington to Newark Penn Station, but then you have to take a $50+ cab ride to and from the port.

I've had fun on the cruise bus. You can meet other cruisers and the bus is usually uncrowded.

Well, I ended up reserving seats on Bolt Bus because that will let us spend a couple days in NYC post-cruise. DC to Newark Penn Station was $46 for us both and then NYC to DC was $26 for us both.

We still have to get from Newark Penn at 12pm to the ship in time. Taxi, private car or public transport?

Archived