hawaii accomadation plus time shaRE

vally6

Hi was wanting to know has any body stayed time share or condos in hawaii as looking for 5 days afterwe sail on solstice on 11 april 2014

hope to get some good feed back thanks val smart:)

Hello Vallee...welcome to cruise critic...I see you are pretty new.

I think you are asking if anyone has stayed in condos or time shares after disembarking from a cruise that they leave in Hawaii. Yes, that is very possible. Then you can fly home whenever you want to. My personal favourite site for such accommodation is VRBO....just google that and you will be amazed at the choices. We have done many stays with them, in Hawaii and lots of other countries too. You will have to decide which island you want to stay on...our personal favourites are Kauai and Maui, but it all depends on what you want to do. There are THOUSANDS of rental properties ...the problem is choosing. Good luck to you.

If you looking for a timeshare you can also look at a site called Redweek. They offer many timeshares for rent by owners. There are many timeshares and private condos for rent in Hawaii. Once you decide what island you want to spend time on and have some rental ideas go to TripAdvisor and check out reviews on various properties.

Keep a few things in mind when renting. When renting from private owners, make sure to use a credit card so that you have protection. There are always stories of rentals that are scams or are not what you were promised. With a credit card you have some recourse. Beware of owner who will not accept a credit card.

We own timeshares on Oahu and Kauai. The advantage of Oahu of course is that it doesn't require additional flights and there is a lot to do there but all the islands offer something different. Some timeshares are part of the chain (Hilton, Disney, Marriott, etc) and others are private. Some are better than others, some offer different things. The problem will not be in finding anything but in deciding which island, which part (North or South shores for example) and then picking a property. Good luck! ;)

If you are considering staying in Waikiki area of Honolulu, I would highly recommend the Wyndham Resorts Beach Walk. Just stayed there prior to our Solstice Hawaii cruise. The unit was a full one bedroom (but they do have larger units). The unit was clean and the staff very friendly. Waikiki is busy and full of tourists, but there were many restaurants nearby and beach was a block away. Whether it works for you depends on your interests and preferences.

We did 6 nights timeshare swap at Wyndham Royal Gardens Waikiki Beach-most serene hotel on Frommer's list--just before our 13 night cruise last year.

We had 3 days to rent a car and go all over Oahu and do stuff before the ship came in.

Just 4 blocks from the beach and all the stores, etc. It was very quiet, no hustle and bustle of public beach access thru your hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

hi thanks for reply i have looked at wyndam beach walk got i quoteoff vrbo and i off trip adverser a big differance in price so dont know if it is same unit i am confused now but we will work it out . has anybody else stayed there

thanks val smart

hi i have just got price for wyndam beach resort amazed at differant pricing off vrbo 1500 $ for 5 days off tripadviser 995@ and 3400$ same place differant owner

one said because it was more than 90 days out it is dearer '

talk about confusing

thanks val smart

hi thanks for reply did you book your unit through agent or yourself

i have 3 differant prices same place $1500 from vrbo 995 from tripadviser and 35004$ because it is more than 90 days out

does not make sence to me confused again

thanks val smart:)

hi got quote off tripadviser for wyndam beach resortwaikiki one was 1200 theother 3000 dollars for 5 nights i sent the dear one a email he answered me back saying they cant take booking until 60 days out thay is why it is so dear sounds strange to me/ anywat i payed deposit for other unit yesterday havent heard back if they received it so now i am a bit woried

thanks forinput val smart

• 2 weeks later...
i have booked time share through trip adviser and have just been tol dthey may be a scam i have paid deposit soooooooooo worried dont know what to do help

thank sval

Who told you it may be a scam.... Did you book direct? Dud you pay with a credit card??? We need details in order to advise!

i have been trying to contact them also somebody emailed me and said they cannot contact them on phone and get know reply , it is through WOW VACATION RENTALS on trip adviser

dont know what to do at this stage help

val smart

i have been trying to contact them also somebody emailed me and said they cannot contact them on phone and get know reply , it is through WOW VACATION RENTALS on trip adviser

val smart

Did you pay by Credit card?? Why do you think this is a scam?? Who led you to believe that?

val smart

I see you have gone off line without answering! Without details we can not help you. If you paid by Credit Card or thru PayPal you can disput and get your money back.....

But with out specific details we can not offer any assistance.

Good luck!

yes i did pay by credit card with pay pal i have no prouf it is because other people have tried to contact them and get no reply from them .if i cancel i will loose my deposit , unless i get more information . surely somebody else has booked with them .

thanks val smart

From your other posts am I correct this is for a date in 2014?? There should not be a " Cancellation Penalty" for that far out??? You know it is a week-end and that may be why you can't contact them, this possible?

How much have you given them? Another option is to e-mail and given them 48 hrs notice that if they don't respond you will report them to "pay pal" and proceed to cancel due to them being a scam. You could also on Monday call the Management office of the resort to see if they have any experience with this company? And if they are legit, do you know the unit #, if they actually have the authority to rent out a unit in there building.

I can't find much of any reviews on Trip Advisor so how are you hearing from others not being able to reach these people?

Since you only just booked (last week, correct) you have some time yet to retrieve your funds back by contacting PayPal. Send them an e-mail giving them 48 hrs to contact you. In the mean time do some detective work thrust the resort.

Check back and let us know how it goes!

Just got through reading your inquiries on Trip Advisor. I now understand this is a rental thru a Time Share. I also advise sending them a polite e-mail addressing your concerns and give them that 48 hrs dead line to respond. Keep careful records of all your attempts at contacting them and if by the end of next week you have not heard from them.... Report them to Trip Advisor and PayPal and have Pay Pal start to retrieve your $130 Deposit.... Thank goodness it is no more than that!

Remember the old saying " if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is"!

Good luck!

Archived