Chankanaab - AI Ship Excursion or On Our Own?

SeeJennyCruise

Just a warning. We went down the steps and swam out to the floating platform. Grandson got there ahead of me and was startled when he saw several barracuda swimming around him. He got out of the water fast. Later a group with a guide came up and guide said the barracuda would not bother you, so we got back in the water and had a great time.

Any suggestion for under water camera under $200 for snorkeling picture?

Thanks,

I've been very happy with my Panasonic TS25. Make sure that whatever you get has image stabilization, as my first underwater camera (a Kodak Playsport) didn't and holding it steady underwater is very difficult. Also keep in mind that the depth rating refers to perfectly still water, so if the camera is going to be moving through the water you need to divide the rating by a factor of 5 or 10.

Just a warning. We went down the steps and swam out to the floating platform. Grandson got there ahead of me and was startled when he saw several barracuda swimming around him. He got out of the water fast. Later a group with a guide came up and guide said the barracuda would not bother you, so we got back in the water and had a great time.

Wow- a barracuda would be a rare sighting. Your Grandson is very lucky to have seen one!

Wow- a barracuda would be a rare sighting. Your Grandson is very lucky to have seen one!

We have seen barracuda's almost every place we have snorkeled. You will usually find them any place there's a dock, pier or something for them to hide under, but sometimes they can be found just out swimming around, usually fairly close to land in my experiences. :)