JEWEL or SUMMIT??Advice

We are traveling Easter break with a 16, 2 15 and one 12 year old. Which would you choose? Summit goes to Barbados and St Martin. Jewel to Martinique and Granada. Otherwise the ports are the same. I can get a connecting or Junior suit.

We are traveling Easter break with a 16, 2 15 and one 12 year old. Which would you choose? Summit goes to Barbados and St Martin. Jewel to Martinique and Granada. Otherwise the ports are the same. I can get a connecting or Junior suit.

You can't go wrong with either choice. The Radiance Class RCCL ships are really elegant and beautifully designed, with probably more events planned for your kids than Celebrity.

The Summit was just Solticized two years ago, almost like new, still a lovely ship we sailed her in 2010. We love Orient Bay Beach in St. Martin.

I think perhaps the Jewel would be a good choice for you and your family.

Jonathan

For the ports I would choose Summit. Both ships are basically the same. We have no love of Martinique but do love Granada. But really love Barbados and St Martin so would choose that itin. We are doing Summit next year with the itin you are talking about.

We were just on the Jewel, with two "kids" 21 and 19 years old. We found that with such a port intensive itinerary, we didn't participate in activities and nightlife like we usual do. We were up early and off the ship most of the days, and after dinner and the main show, we were so exhausted that we fell into bed (the kids included). On the one sea day, we slept late and relaxed at the pool all day.

So, IMO what each of these ships offer teens isn't as important as the ports. Both are lovely ships. I would research what you would do in each port on both itineraries, and let that be the deciding factor.

Archived