Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I am traveling on the Royal Princess from Vancouver to Auckland on September 25. Anyone else on that one? Like others here, I am not naturally inclined to cruise, but needed a long break with lots of down time.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:28 AM, Mrs. H. said:

I want to take a cruise out of San Diego so bad.

I will probably book for next year since I have 4 vacations booked for this year and one is SD by land.

Beautiful cat

20th October 2023, MSC round trip Southampton

Just this moment booked Crystal Cruises round trip from Athens on 9th March 2024, including 5 excursions to the Pyramids, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, Limassol and Curium, Lindos and the Citadel of Knights, and Ephesus.

:) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedgeToo said:

Just this moment booked Crystal Cruises round trip from Athens on 9th March 2024, including 5 excursions to the Pyramids, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, Limassol and Curium, Lindos and the Citadel of Knights, and Ephesus.

🙂

OMG! Sounds wonderful have a great time

4 hours ago, RedgeToo said:

Just this moment booked Celestyal Cruises round trip from Athens on 9th March 2024, including 5 excursions to the Pyramids, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, Limassol and Curium, Lindos and the Citadel of Knights, and Ephesus.

:) 

Should have been Celestyal Cruises - bloody autocorrect, it's my worst enema!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:11 PM, BaliThai said:

I am traveling on the Royal Princess from Vancouver to Auckland on September 25. Anyone else on that one? Like others here, I am not naturally inclined to cruise, but needed a long break with lots of down time.

BaliThai that sounds like a great trip.  I am a solo traveler and new to cruising.  I love the idea of flying to New Zealand, play focused tourist and then cruising home (western washington)  Just a nice option from flying both ways

• Like 2

I am a solo traveler and will be on Viking Venus January 12,2024 for Northern Lights  Looking forward to the adventure as well as the train ride to Oslo after with a few days there before returning to London then home.

Am already thinking about a TA from Rome in Fall 2024 and using that as a way to get homeward after a land tour of the art galleries in Italy.  

• Like 2

@Meander Ingwa

I like your idea about using the transatlantic cruise as a leisurely way to get back to the U.S. after your art-focused land tour.

But one question I have about the Northern Lights is whether you pretty much have to be sitting out in the cold well into the night to have a chance of seeing them. Unless I misunderstand it, there's no exact way you can know in advance when they will light up the sky. Of course, when you're going that far north in mid-January, the "night" begins early, so maybe you can see the lights to your heart's content before dinner and not have to stay up all night.

In any event, enjoy it. Viking seems to be the experts in these Northern Lights cruises, so it should be a great experience.

@jimdee3636 for the northern light trip, there are shore excursions that stay out 6 hours or more.  Some vendors provide snow suits and heated sock etc.  Some have warm huts.  Northern Lights are overall, a crap shoot relying on luck of weather snd the gift of the sun 🌞 I know some have reported here that announcements will be made on board when they happen.  Some suggest leaving the TV on to hear them.  I will gladly get up at dang o'clock to see them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I am a solo traveler and will be on Viking Venus January 12,2024 for Northern Lights  Looking forward to the adventure as well as the train ride to Oslo after with a few days there before returning to London then home.

Am already thinking about a TA from Rome in Fall 2024 and using that as a way to get homeward after a land tour of the art galleries in Italy.  

I’d love to do a Viking cruise - do they ever offer deals for solos? 

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

@Meander Ingwa

Thanks for the explanation. You're heartier than I am. I was an avid skier and winter hiker for many years when I lived in New England, but I've become a wimp about cold weather since I moved to southern Arizona. I'll live vicariously through you next January!

Jim

LOL  I have encountered some of that southern softness.  I compete nationally in archery and I LOVE when we start at 7am and it is 65.  I am in my short sleeves and the southern ladies are in their fleeces complaining of the cold.  Tables turn as it nears 90 and I wilt

• Like 1

I am booked on a 15 night SE Asia HAL Singapore to Hong Kong cruise Jan 2024. Its been cancelled twice and paid in full since December 2019. I added a RTW ANA ticket to get there so I fly JFK to Istanbul, stay 3 nights, fly early to Singapore and stay 4 nights and do the cruise finishing in Hong Kong. I then fly to Bali for 12 nights, on to Japan where I have 5nights in Kyoto and one in Tokyo, and then fly to Houston. I overnight there, and fly home to Hartford, CT on domestic first class on AA. All other flights are business class on Turkish, Singapore, and ANA. And I managed to book my ANA RT ticket myself with FF miles and $900!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sambamama said:

I am booked on a 15 night SE Asia HAL Singapore to Hong Kong cruise Jan 2024. Its been cancelled twice and paid in full since December 2019. I added a RTW ANA ticket to get there so I fly JFK to Istanbul, stay 3 nights, fly early to Singapore and stay 4 nights and do the cruise finishing in Hong Kong. I then fly to Bali for 12 nights, on to Japan where I have 5nights in Kyoto and one in Tokyo, and then fly to Houston. I overnight there, and fly home to Hartford, CT on domestic first class on AA. All other flights are business class on Turkish, Singapore, and ANA. And I managed to book my ANA RT ticket myself with FF miles and $900!

That sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful time. Did you do all the bookings on your own?

Cruise on Aranui5. from Papeete to AUSTRALES   09 sept  23 .

Does somebody will be on ? 

Cruise solo from Paris . 

I will spend a week before cuise on Moorea .

Fly with stop in Los Angeles. day 1 sep arriving Tahiti on 02/09 .

Happy to meet an other cruiser . 

• Like 1