Stateroom 8138 or 8738

pluto376

Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms? The balcony looks to be much larger then a normal balcony.

I haven't stayed in one of those rooms, but I remember gambee's excellent review of the Breakaway mentioning those cabins:

DSC06969_zpsba7bbbb4.jpg

As you can see, their balconies are normal sized (despite the extra room) and immediately next to the Waterfront, so they have no privacy. I wouldn't book one.

Edited by dcipjr

Not what you asked I know, but if you dont mind being a bit further forward, 8710, 8712, and 8110, 8112 have humongous balconies. Our friends had one. They had several chaise lounges on their balcony, and they paid less than a regular balcony. It is category BX. They thought since it was an "x" category that it was a guarantee category and they wouldnt be able to chose their room, but they booked online and were able to pick their room. Balcony was amazing.

• 10 months later...

tel2,

I hope you don't mind me asking a question. We just booked 8110 on the Breakaway and I read a post in which someone complained about noise from the crew underneath at night. They said they couldn't sleep. Is it possible for you to ask your friend if they had the same experience? It would really help me know that I made the right choice. Thanks in advance.

Had to chuckle as others somehow figured out which ship this was for.

LOL! I'm with you garycarla!! I re-read this post several times looking for clues in signatures, etc. and for the life of me could not see how anyone could have known what ship. You guys must be mind-readers! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/7/2013 at 6:20 PM, pluto376 said:

Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms? The balcony looks to be much larger then a normal balcony.

Ah - so we figured out you are talking about Breakaway/Breakaway Plus class ships.  yes, they are large since that's where the waterfront is. we stayed in the mini-suites on Escape and Bliss with the extended balcony.  Mainly because it was so close to District Brew House. 😉

• 10 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 7:24 AM, Freckle53 said:

We stayed in 8738 on the Breakaway a few years ago.  Great balcony.

12400536_10208724867307194_5726703683952805393_n.jpg

We're staying in 8738 next June. I noticed it's directly above the theater. Were you able to hear any noise from the theater late at night? We'll be with a 5 and 4 year old and would prefer a quiet cabin, if possible.

11 hours ago, jenniferhawken said:

We're staying in 8738 next June. I noticed it's directly above the theater. Were you able to hear any noise from the theater late at night? We'll be with a 5 and 4 year old and would prefer a quiet cabin, if possible.

We never heard a thing.  Our youngest was 3.5 when we were on the Breakaway.

16 hours ago, jenniferhawken said:

We stayed in a similarly located room.  We heard and felt the bass from the theater during performances.  Also, in the day time if they were rehearsing, we heard and felt it.  It wasn't horrible, but I would certainly not classify it as a "quiet" cabin.  It was annoying enough that I would not book a cabin there again.  Best to find a cabin with cabins above and below it and with no mysterious grey spaces near or across from it.