Local article on the Conquest

2Ports

LOL. Noticed they couldn't help but bring up Triumph and the piles of corpses, gun battles, and public floggings to restore order that took placed during that cruise**. I guess they're going to beat that dead horse for all it's worth.

**None of what I described was known to have taken place. I figured I'd throw it in there as it's no more ridiculous than the onion sandwiches and feces in the hallways that have since been proven wrong but which the press still likes to mention.

LOL. Noticed they couldn't help but bring up Triumph and the piles of corpses, gun battles, and public floggings to restore order that took placed during that cruise

You forgot the thousands forced into cannibalism...

When I read the first part of the article I thought: good, people are understanding, everything going the best it can...no media making it out to be worse than it is...balanced overall.

Then I get to the part about the Triumph. And I thought: is this guy a LOCAL reporter?? He reports on the fact the city had been trying to woo Carnival for the past six months. But he goes into the whole Triumph thing?? Did he think noone at Carnival (media department at the least) is going to get this article and see how they are being portrayed and how the passengers reacted/reported this issue?? How does bringing up the Triumph thing all over again and the "unfounded facts" help the city of Mobile??? Oh...lets try to get Carnival to come back...but lets remind everyone (and Carnival) of that last horrible fiasco last time they were here!! :confused::confused:

This reporter does not have the best interests of Mobile at heart. Or he's not using his brain.

Where's that dog coming from in pic 5 :confused:

LOL, good question. I tried blowing the picture up to see if his little outfit was a service dog but it was too blurry, just looks like a polo shirt. Little fella is styling! But seriously, it could be a service dog.

When I read the first part of the article I thought: good, people are understanding, everything going the best it can...no media making it out to be worse than it is...balanced overall.

Then I get to the part about the Triumph. And I thought: is this guy a LOCAL reporter?? He reports on the fact the city had been trying to woo Carnival for the past six months. But he goes into the whole Triumph thing?? Did he think noone at Carnival (media department at the least) is going to get this article and see how they are being portrayed and how the passengers reacted/reported this issue?? How does bringing up the Triumph thing all over again and the "unfounded facts" help the city of Mobile??? Oh...lets try to get Carnival to come back...but lets remind everyone (and Carnival) of that last horrible fiasco last time they were here!! :confused::confused:

This reporter does not have the best interests of Mobile at heart. Or he's not using his brain.

Yeah, I thought it was a really nice article and couldn't understand why he had to bring up the false issues on Triumph. I could see mentioning that Mobile had opened their arms to Triumph earlier this year, and now Conquest, as a way to say "Hey Carnival... Can we have another ship now?", but he went a bit too far.

Yeah, I thought it was a really nice article and couldn't understand why he had to bring up the false issues on Triumph. I could see mentioning that Mobile had opened their arms to Triumph earlier this year, and now Conquest, as a way to say "Hey Carnival... Can we have another ship now?", but he went a bit too far.

Exactly. If he's a local someone from the city/mayor office should have a "chat" with him ;) Or perhaps the business community could explain it to him.

LOL, good question. I tried blowing the picture up to see if his little outfit was a service dog but it was too blurry, just looks like a polo shirt. Little fella is styling! But seriously, it could be a service dog.

I thought maybe service dog....but it looks to me like he's wearing a Carnival outfit! LOL. Yes, he's styling :)

Inquiring minds....lol

The Triumph WAS in Mobile for a while and after it broke lose, Carnival is suing the company in Mobile who moored it. I'm not commenting one way or another about the lawsuit or the article, but mentioning the Triumph is part and parcel for Mobile specifically since it does impact them (and not just another media company being overly dramatic.)

Just 2 cents!

The Triumph WAS in Mobile for a while and after it broke lose, Carnival is suing the company in Mobile who moored it. I'm not commenting one way or another about the lawsuit or the article, but mentioning the Triumph is part and parcel for Mobile specifically since it does impact them (and not just another media company being overly dramatic.)

Just 2 cents!

BAE Systems is multiple times larger than Carnival. $12M is probably pocket change to BAE, but I'm sure they won't just give it up without a fight.

I was on this cruise, which happened to be our first. Imagine our shock when we thought the trip was over with no mishaps until Saturday night when it was announced we would be delayed getting off the ship on Sunday. I have to say, the whole crew handled the whole situation with such professionalism! I didn't hear much grumbling from the guests...even though the weather turned rainy. The guests standing in line at Guest Services were patient, people still ate and were laughing (or napping). This has not changed our mind from another cruise. We did see the news people in Alabama and we had a feeling old news would be brought up. Well, let me be one of the first to say "Kudos Carnival!" and "Shame on you media people".

Archived