While cruising with NCL .. great ideas for souvenirs on ship and at port

vicnkojo

Hi everyone ..again:) . I have reworded my post, the last one a couple of days ago were answered by alot of great CC'ers, leaning more towards local artist art work, and alot of great ideas around christmas ornaments, but my post was bumped to be "floated away, i think i was not specific, sooo...;) has anyone been to Bermuda and had a special souvenir that they purchased on or off the ship while booked on an NCL cruise ship? :D .

I personally like unique things that are not mass produced.

Some of these ideas are a few years old and my last summer visit to BDA didn't have enough time to poke in all the shops and all the way down Front St. Didn't make it to Reid St. at all.

1. Bermuda honey

2. Cooper's used to carry some Wedgewood items made specifically for Bda.

3. Blucks - Caithness crystal paperweight made specifically for Bermuda

4. Smith's or Cooper's had some pretty china things - I have a teapot and two mugs with the view from Salt Kettle and one year my Mom got me a ring holder with the Bermudiana flower painted on it.

5. Perhaps check out Marks and Spencer for clothes made in England that would be different from what you'd find here, yet quite classic.

6. English Sport Shop has quite distinctive men's ties featuring items associated with Bermuda - longtails, moongates, onions, horse drawn carriages.

7. Last summer Cecile's on Front Street carried a really nice handbag, quite colorful, featuring Bermuda scenes.

As you can tell - I really like shopping! Good luck and have fun!

Perfume. The Bermuda Perfumery is in St George. My mother and I have both purchased this for ourselves and as gifts.

I've got a great beach cover-up dress that has the Bermuda Long Tail printed on it.

I got a Pink Wedgwood plate that is only available in Bermuda with the Long Tail on it as well from AS Cooper at the Clocktower Mal. Long Tail Plate I had purchased others on our honeymoon in Grand Caymen.

The Dockyard area in Bermuda has a few interesting places where you can sample some local items and buy them to bring them back home. There's a rum cake factory that makes and packages fabulous cakes to take home. They're specially wrapped so they last a while: http://www.dockyardcompany.com/BermudaRumCakes/home.html

The Dockyard Glassworks company makes some beautiful and high end items to bring home, I think you can even view some of the process there: http://www.dockyardcompany.com/DockyardGlassWorks/home.html

The Bermuda Perfumery makes some lovely perfumes. You can go there and see some of the process also (I think?). The perfumes are also high end, but I think they have some smaller sizes to bring back: http://www.bermuda-perfumery.com/

There are also a number of small shops in the Dockyard that sell items that seem pretty unique to the area, but the names escape me! Hope this helps!

Hi everyone ..again:) . I have reworded my post, the last one a couple of days ago were answered by alot of great CC'ers, leaning more towards local artist art work, and alot of great ideas around christmas ornaments, but my post was bumped to be "floated away, i think i was not specific, sooo...;) has anyone been to Bermuda and had a special souvenir that they purchased on or off the ship while booked on an NCL cruise ship? :D .

We just visited and we missed harbour nights and our friend got a beautiful silver bracelet with a square holding bermuda pink sand in the centre. Very nice indeed.

If sailing the breakaway, they now do a teddy bear with an NCL breakaway t shirt - the other ships don't do these. They also have a great polo shirt that states inaugural season that washes really well. - boring i know but practical

Make sure you spend some time at the Clocktower Mall in the dockyard - I was pleasantly surprised and could have spent more time there. I too bought some necklaces and bracelets containing a charm holding pink Bermuda sand, 3 for $20! Very cool

I got a Pink Wedgwood plate that is only available in Bermuda with the Long Tail on it as well from AS Cooper at the Clocktower Mal. Long Tail Plate I had purchased others on our honeymoon in Grand Caymen.

The pink plate looks really nice, never seen pink Wedgewood! Looks $!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Go to Vera Card gift shop in St. Georges. They have an assortment of lovely porcelains there, including Lladro.

I have seen Lladro at one of the shops in the Clock Tower Mall. The glass factory has some interesting peices for sale, and you can watch the artisans at work.

This is really a Bermuda Port topic. Have you tried the Bermuda Boards for your answer? It really doesn't matter which cruise line you arrived on...if the subject is off of the ship, it should be on the port board.

Carol Holding has a shop at the Dockyards, as well as one in Hamilton.

Her artwork of Bermuda is lovely and can be found on many household type items, as well as prints, t shirts, cards, note paper, coasters....etc

There is also a craft market near the ship with lots of interesting items including Christmas ornaments, books, jewelry,Bermuda wood candle sticks, honey, fun looking for souvenirs and gifts!

It depends how much you want to spend, but Bermuda lucky stone jewellery is lovely - quite pricey but would be a lovely gift. Cedar wood products which are made locally are beautiful.

On the other end of the price scale - rum cake from the bakery at Dockyard.

The pink plate looks really nice, never seen pink Wedgewood! Looks $!

If I remember correctly, the plate wasn't that expensive. Under $50 I'm positive. I know that in Grand Caymen I purchased 5 of them (although that was 14 years ago) so I'm thinking those were around $20/$25 each.

They had the blue Wedgwood plates as well. They're smaller, maybe 4" in diameter, but definitely a cute keepsake. The ones I bought before had caribbean themes like a star fish, a sea horse, etc.

Make sure you spend some time at the Clocktower Mall in the dockyard - I was pleasantly surprised and could have spent more time there. I too bought some necklaces and bracelets containing a charm holding pink Bermuda sand, 3 for $20! Very cool

I bought a necklace at the Clocktower Mall. The pendant is a Bermuda Coin. I love it. I also love my ceramic trinket box I got at the ceramic shop in the dockyard. My daughter got one too. Hers had a dolphin on it.

Archived