Guarantee Room Assignments

TonyaH

Our Travel Agent booked us as a guarantee room assignments This is cruise #5 but have never done the guarantee before.

Thanks

This is the first time I have done a guarantee. I booked a group of 8 cabins. Anyone with a triple the TA booked them a room to ensure everyone had a bed/pullout we didn't want bunkbeds or rollaways. Everyone else is was upgraded at least 1 cat. I went from a 8A to a 8C. No one went from inside to OV etc

I just got back from the Legend today - booked a 4c - inside room - and got the highest 8 category - extended balcony on the top deck...right in the middle of the ship - was wonderful...i always take my chances and i always do just fine...

We booked 4A on a guarantee basis for the week after Thanksgiving in 2003, ended up in an 9A, unobstructed balcony, we were floored. I believe we were upgraded because the ship was fully booked, it was the week after Thanksgiving and not too many people cruise at that time. There is no rhyme or reason for an upgrade, however you were willing to cruise on the bottom of the ship, inside room, why not take the chance. So many people are concerned about being under the disco, next to the elevators, etc, but if you are enjoying yourself during the day and evening, you will be so tired nothing should wake you. I am sure someone will disagree, but then again it takes all kinds to make up the world.

I am going on my first cruise in Nov and we booked an OV gty. It would be cool if we are upgraded, but even if we aren't then that's OK too because I will at least have an OV and I will enjoy just being on the ship and seeing all the great places ...

I paid the entire balance when I booked. The TA did not book me in a specific room. Everything on the CCL website was showing as gty till a few days ago. The only way I see a room number is to log onto the site then go to your reservation. Then click on the complete your check in which will bring up the funpass screen in a new window. Click on the order gifts and services link and then click on an item. If you have been assigned, you will see a room num. If not it will still say gty. Mine showed up at 82 days.

I paid the entire balance when I booked. The TA did not book me in a specific room. Everything on the CCL website was showing as gty till a few days ago. The only way I see a room number is to log onto the site then go to your reservation. Then click on the complete your check in which will bring up the funpass screen in a new window. Click on the order gifts and services link and then click on an item. If you have been assigned, you will see a room num. If not it will still say gty. Mine showed up at 82 days.

That works too--sometimes known as the "gift" method of finding your room! :D

Sport-- Since I have been watching when upgrades are givin I am very impressed and you are the first person that I have heard to be placed in a cabin way before final payment is due.

Even though I paid in full when I booked. Final payment (at least according to TA) would have been due today so I only got my assignment about 3 days before final payment. Not sure when final payment would have had to been paid to CCL. My cruise is 79 days out.

When I sailed on the LEgend - my cabin changed 4 times before final assigment-- BUt at that time the modiy booking was not available for us to see.

Lots of people cancel at final payment so not to incur any penalties. This is when the cruiselines usually make assignents so they can sell the cheaper cabins even cheaper.

I wish you luck--keep watching it.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you explain the book Modify method, I know thw gift method. ThanksKevin

what gift method Kevin?

Here is a post---follow the instructions here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3983408&postcount=1000

if you are not sailing within 40-60 days its too early to look for an assignemt

:D Thanks so very, very much for information on the "gift" method of finding out your gty room assignment. I originally booked by myself in Jan. (paid in full at booking) into room 1405 but now my husband found out he is available to go with me and we added him and changed my res. to a gty. I've been biting my nails waiting to see what we'd get for a cabin assignment. I used your clever method and found out we're in 7227! Nice to know since we sail in a week. We have our docs and I wondered what we would put on the luggage tag for cabin number. Now we know. We'll keep checking in case they change it but thanks!:D

Archived