Epic 1/18/14 Balcony or Inside

Book Balcony or Inside and save money for excursions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Book Balcony or Inside and save money for excursions

• Balcony
    • Save money for excursions book inside

Thinking about booking the Epic on Jan 18th. Torn between booking a balcony or booking inside and saving the difference for Excursions? Any one have any suggestions

If you book a balcony does this mean you won't have enough money to go on ANY excursions? And what type of excursions do you think you'll want to do? If you just plan to go to beaches you can probably do that virtually free. It really does depend on what kind of effect it will have on your overall budget.

This question is really about what you prefer in a room. Also, how many people are going to be in the room. We have been on the Epic twice and love the entertainment. The first time we booked a balcony and the second time (only because we were bumped from another ship) we had a Haven Suite... but we also participated in the cabin crawl.

In my opinion the studio rooms are by far the nicest on the ship followed up by the inside rooms. These rooms are the traditional square design and lack the "flaws" that the balconys have. The wave design is terrible and the bathroom only adds to the chaos. I would choose an inside room if I ever cruised Epic again.

OH and just for an information standpoint... HATED our Haven room. Poor layout, Small Balcony and ONLY a curtain to close off the toilet... ewwww... We had the penthouse suite. Not that sweet if you ask me.

That is just how I feel. I love a balcony but it sometimes doesnt out weigh the cost.

D

Thinking about booking the Epic on Jan 18th. Torn between booking a balcony or booking inside and saving the difference for Excursions? Any one have any suggestions

For me, it really depends on how big the difference is. For our Breakaway cruise, we had an inside initially, because the extra $1000 that it would have cost for a balcony wasn't worth it.

Fast forward a few months—prices went down so that a balcony was only $200 more than what we paid initially. At that point, it became a no-brainer to upgrade.

It depends on your budget, really, and what you feel is worth it. We had a balcony on the Epic, and it was awesome. But I wouldn't break the bank for one.

Personally, I've never made use of any of the ship‘s excursions, preferring to do things on our own. Why pay $79/person to get bussed into Rome when I can take the train for half that? I enjoy the planning and the savings!

If it's a week long cruise - inside will do - we did that in March this year for the first time after balcony, mini-suite, family suite - and survived it!!

If I were you and budget is the factor, I'd go for the inside. Then before the final payment is due, check to see if there is a good priced balcony room .....

ENJOY!!!!

Personally, I've never made use of any of the ship‘s excursions, preferring to do things on our own. Why pay $79/person to get bussed into Rome when I can take the train for half that? I enjoy the planning and the savings!

OP is taking a Caribbean cruise in Jan 2014 ;)

I missed the January part. :D

Hey...I'm sure it woill be even more to be bussed to Venice from the Caribben....right?

Your point is certainly valid and actually on Caribbean cruises it is even easier to do excurisons privately booked.......

I think I would do an inside....I do insides a couple time a year and I love them....nice and quiet.

Archived