Prisdendam question

C&Sun

We are booked on the Oct. 28th Holy Land cruise. :)

I have gone to the roll call on several occasions to chat and even posted some private tour info for our two ports in Israel. There seems to be only a couple of us doing any posting to the roll call. My question is are the passengers who normally sail on the Prisendam not interested in roll calls? There are two or three roll calls with a lot of postings but most only have a few posts.

I would think that this cruise would have a lot of interest but apparently not. I am wondering whether it is because our first two ports are in Egypt and since final payment is not due until end of this month if a lot of people are taking a wait and see approach on the Egyptian unrest situation before making their final decision on this cruise.

Just curious and wanted some experienced Prisendam opinions. This will be our first cruise on the Elegant Explorer.

Every cruise is different and every roll call is different. One thing that is common is that the Prinsendam carries fewer passengers than any other HAL ship and less than half as many as the Vista/Signature ships. That leaves fewer people to join the roll call. I know Kazu's roll call was a FABULOUS success but that's not really typical. Mine has started picking up some but was really dead for a long time. You never really know.

Good luck.

Roy

We are booked on the Oct. 28th Holy Land cruise. :)

I have gone to the roll call on several occasions to chat and even posted some private tour info for our two ports in Israel. There seems to be only a couple of us doing any posting to the roll call. My question is are the passengers who normally sail on the Prisendam not interested in roll calls? There are two or three roll calls with a lot of postings but most only have a few posts.

I would think that this cruise would have a lot of interest but apparently not. I am wondering whether it is because our first two ports are in Egypt and since final payment is not due until end of this month if a lot of people are taking a wait and see approach on the Egyptian unrest situation before making their final decision on this cruise.

Just curious and wanted some experienced Prisendam opinions. This will be our first cruise on the Elegant Explorer.

Activities on roll calls depend upon how many cc members are on;)

I have been on two Prinsendam roll calls that were very active. Our current one is not as active but it is over a year away;)

I do find that some people only come on after payment - so it may pick up.

Best advice - keep it going - do a countdown, whatever to garner interest in your thread and make it easy for those looking for to find:D

The Egypt situation could well be accounting for hesitation as well - no question.

Traditionally only a small percentage of cruisers overall belong to cruise critic - so if not many happen to on this cruise, you may not have as much participation.

Have fun with your planning and enjoy the Elegant Explorer:D

I'm gonna brag about my rollcall---44 people now. When I called HAL about the M&G, they put the number at 50!! The girl who arranged it was shocked!

Holy Land was probably the most memorable cruise we've ever taken---on the original Noordam. I would guess people are afraid of the Egypt situation. We were lucky we went during a calm period---in 2000.

It also depends highly on whether there is a "spark plug" like you to keep it fired up! :D

oh no - does that make me a cheerleader:eek::p

I've actually enjoyed the P'dam roll calls the best - probably because the itineraries were somewhat different with ports that require research and planning:D

Archived