Arr FLL 530 am, what to do and how to get to ship?

mamasylvia

Yes she did. In her original posting: "About the only thing I can get comfortable in is a recliner. I'm renting one for our cabin, so ideal would be boarding as early as possible."

By a recliner do you mean that very comfortable large chair that has a handle on one side that you can use for adjustments? If so, that is porobably one that my wife disposed of many years ago.It was very comfortable for afternoon naps.

Anyhoo, I am surprised that you cabin is large enough to accomodate said piece of furniture.

Lastly, I am certain that you are aware that the cabins are not usually available until about 1:00 P.M., or later.

Yes, I rented a recliner. I called both CareVacations and Special Needs at Sea to find out which had the widest seat - I am very overweight and trying to cram my bottom into an ordinary recliner would be extremely uncomfortable. Assuming the agents I talked to know what they are talking about, Special Needs has ordinary recliners, CareVacations has somewhat wider seats (not as wide as my recliner at home, but I didn't think I'd manage that!). Naturally, Care Vacations was more expensive, especially since I rented a scooter from them as well. I'll be reporting how everything worked out in the disabled cruising board. ;)

Arriving a day early would only be helpful if I could find a motel with a large recliner. And whoever was sure there would be one has clearly never tried. It is extremely rare to find a hotel room with a recliner, even for an extra fee. (You'd think some chain would start offering them, with all the older travelers with respiratory problems! Just think of the revenue stream!) IAC, our reservations are made and our tickets bought, and we fly July 26. I think we'll just spend the time at an Internet cafe - far from ideal but better than sitting around waiting to board the ship.

Yes, I rented a recliner. I called both CareVacations and Special Needs at Sea to find out which had the widest seat - I am very overweight and trying to cram my bottom into an ordinary recliner would be extremely uncomfortable. Assuming the agents I talked to know what they are talking about, Special Needs has ordinary recliners, CareVacations has somewhat wider seats (not as wide as my recliner at home, but I didn't think I'd manage that!). Naturally, Care Vacations was more expensive, especially since I rented a scooter from them as well. I'll be reporting how everything worked out in the disabled cruising board. ;)

Arriving a day early would only be helpful if I could find a motel with a large recliner. And whoever was sure there would be one has clearly never tried. It is extremely rare to find a hotel room with a recliner, even for an extra fee. (You'd think some chain would start offering them, with all the older travelers with respiratory problems! Just think of the revenue stream!) IAC, our reservations are made and our tickets bought, and we fly July 26. I think we'll just spend the time at an Internet cafe - far from ideal but better than sitting around waiting to board the ship.

Enjoy :D

Archived