Oct 9 - 19 Oceania Cruise out of Barcelano

murco18

We are arriving 4 days before departure and want to do some fun interesting things.

I saw the sidecar tour that looked like fun. Anyone done that? Also a cooking class that included time at the market.

Any suggestions on how to get from the airport to the city centre area.

We are arriving 4 days before departure and want to do some fun interesting things.

I saw the sidecar tour that looked like fun. Anyone done that? Also a cooking class that included time at the market.

Taxi is the simplest but not the cheapest option. Depending on how much luggage you have and how far your hotel is from the train station(s), the train would be the most economical way to go.

Enjoy Barcelona.

I see that this is only your fifth posting, WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!!

Because the type of question that you are asking could be answered by anyone who has been to Barcelona, you will probably have more luck getting it answered in the European Ports of Call in Spain Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

You will also find TONS of Barcelona specific information there.

The very Best of Luck & have a fantastic and safe trip!

Further to jim and stan's note there is also a specific thread for this cruise that may prove an additional resource.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704143

The airport train station is quite a long way from terminal one, where most flights land. It isn't a good service as it operates only every 30 mins. and sometimes halts for a couple of minutes where there is only a single track. There are two reasonable options: taxi, costs around 20 euros to the closest part of the city. Most locals (me included) take the Blue Bus, which runs practically non-stop during the day. It passes by hotels and reaches the city centre.

Taxis in Barcelona are quite reasonable, cheaper than in some other Spanish towns and most other western European capital cities.

Archived