Any pictures on what is excitable in the MDR

Aprilmay13

Does anyone have and pictures of the MDR on what people were wearing on formal night and then regular dinning nights ?

I know many have asked this question but I just wanted to see really what people were wearing so I can judge on what I need to bring for my hubby . I kinda don't want to bring him a suit I was just thinking about nice dress pants and a nice dress shirt, but I'm not sure if a tie is needed, or short sleeve vs long sleeve I just don't know ????

Way too much to think about !!

Dress shirt & tie are at the lower end of the acceptable for CE night. That being said DH wears Dockers and a Guayabera and hasn't been turned away. DH wears the same thing every night, for CE night his shirt is nicer.

IMG_1138.jpg

That'll do very nicely,guys!

Personally I wear grey flannel slacks, a long sleeved shirt and a tie

and a Blazer!

Oh yes, shoes and socks too. :)

And that's as cute as they'll ever get me.

Impresses the wife no end! ;)

I just knew from the thread title that the darn chainmail dress would make another appearance....ewwww...

Dress pants, dress shirt and a tie.

No jacket really required unless they want to or the weather dictates it.

A jacket does really dress it up though.

Personally, I love a sharp dressed man (a la zz top).

My DH was wearing a suit when I met him and it was major love at first sight!

LOL, ok OP, I have avoided this thread all day because....I thought it was about food. I didn't care to see a bunch of food pics. :D

And that's what I thought you were asking about: excitable in the MDR... and I thought....nah, nothing excitable in the MDR :D to me anyway, regarding the food.

Instead....I click and voila...some handsome men, some review of "the dress" and a very good pictorial on those "sparkly tops" things that I know nothing about because they are not in my closet.

So all in all, a very informative and funny thread for me :)

LOL, ok OP, I have avoided this thread all day because....I thought it was about food. I didn't care to see a bunch of food pics. :D

And that's what I thought you were asking about: excitable in the MDR... and I thought....nah, nothing excitable in the MDR :D to me anyway, regarding the food.

Instead....I click and voila...some handsome men, some review of "the dress" and a very good pictorial on those "sparkly tops" things that I know nothing about because they are not in my closet.

So all in all, a very informative and funny thread for me :)

Omg i never even noticed that until you said it :eek: acceptable

groupsteps2_zps57b225de.jpg

This was the 2nd formal night on our family cruise. DH (the only guy ;)) normally wears a jacket the first formal night, then just a different shirt and tie the second. The rest of us ranged from slacks and a nice shirt to party dresses. On the other nights we tend to wear normal everyday clothes.

I don't think a jacket is required, however DH loves to wear his, and doesn't get much of a chance. He has worn both long and short sleeves, tie and no tie, and has never felt or looked out of place. :D

Dress shirt & tie are at the lower end of the acceptable for CE night. That being said DH wears Dockers and a Guayabera and hasn't been turned away. DH wears the same thing every night, for CE night his shirt is nicer.

Not sure if that was a typing error or not. A dress shirt and tie will be at the mid to upper end of what you see on elegant night. About 40-50% of men will be wearing neither a jacket nor a tie (but will be wearing clothes that fully meet Carnival's elegant night dress code).

You may see 0 to 2 tuxes and about 5% of men in suits. The remainder will be in various combinations of jackets/blazers and/or ties.

The most excitable thing in the MDR, Lido deck, and the whole darn ship is my DW. But there's no way in the world that I'm posting a photo here with you guys!!:eek:

;);)

Awwww, thats so sweet of you to say :)

Do you think we should all ponder just how excitable she is??:eek:

We did a cruise where a woman wore a dress that was tight enough it probably left thread marks on her skin, and some weird hatty/feather thing on her head. I could not get a picture for al to see, but DANG!!!

And it is that hatty/feather thing that gives one carte blanche to wear otherwise unexcitable (ummm unacceptable) clothes :)

Actually sounds like, she was wearing something excitable!!!

Spelled it wrong sorry !!! I can't change it..

But I'm still having a blast reading all the post.. Lol

ACCEPTABLE

You're a good sport and obviously appreciate a fun time and it's threads like yours that make this site worthwhile. I posted the "Sparkly Tops" because they are often spoken about on CC in "excited" terms and are more than "acceptable" on cruise elegant nights. :)

Archived