Just back from Liberty Med

Hi everyone,

Just returned home from the beautiful Liberty of the Seas. We embarked in Barcelona, and I was shocked at how well the embarkation process went.

Delta lost my suitcase so I was without any luggage for my entire 12 days in Europe. Royal Caribbean was very helpful. They provided a tux for formal night and complimentary laundry all week. However, there were nights that I was forced to wear shorts in the dining room, so this is why it's important to not judge what others are wearing, especially early in the cruise.

The weather was absolutely perfect and the crew was incredible. The entertainment was a little bit below the usual Royal Caribbean standards, especially the guest performers. Saturday Night Fever was very good, however.

Cruise Director is Rich Edwards. I thought he was good, but his his assistant Jerome really stole the show.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

I've done that same ship/itinerary and loved it too.

However :eek: how did you manage and what did you have packed in your carryon..did you have insurance..how was this nightmare handled ? So you obviously knew DL had lost your luggage when you arrived in BCN...Did you and what did you purchase before getting on the ship ? What has happened since then and when did your luggage show up ?

I've done that same ship/itinerary and loved it too.

However :eek: how did you manage and what did you have packed in your carryon..did you have insurance..how was this nightmare handled ? So you obviously knew DL had lost your luggage when you arrived in BCN...Did you and what did you purchase before getting on the ship ? What has happened since then and when did your luggage show up ?

I made a boo boo. I didn't pack ANYTHING in my carry on. I'd consider myself a veteran traveler and fly 10+ times per year and I ALWAYS pack clothes in my carry on and cross pack with whoever I am traveling with. This time I only wanted to bring a backpack as a carry on, so I ran out of room and figured I'd be fine just packing everything in my checked bag.

I was wrong.

Delta has been useless. My bag traveled to 5 different airports in Europe (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Florence, Rome, London-Heathrow). It spent 4 nights "lost" in Rome, before going back to BCN for a second time and then flying home to Orlando today. I have to go see if it "officially" arrived later tonight.

I did have insurance, thankfully. I kept all receipts and am in the process of getting reimbursed. I tried not to let it ruin my vacation, because after all, I was in Europe for the first time ever, and not sitting at my desk. My girlfriend got hers, so it is still a mystery to me how mine is still lost as I type this.

I made a boo boo. I didn't pack ANYTHING in my carry on. I'd consider myself a veteran traveler and fly 10+ times per year and I ALWAYS pack clothes in my carry on and cross pack with whoever I am traveling with. This time I only wanted to bring a backpack as a carry on, so I ran out of room and figured I'd be fine just packing everything in my checked bag.

I was wrong.

Delta has been useless. My bag traveled to 5 different airports in Europe (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Florence, Rome, London-Heathrow). It spent 4 nights "lost" in Rome, before going back to BCN for a second time and then flying home to Orlando today. I have to go see if it "officially" arrived later tonight.

I did have insurance, thankfully. I kept all receipts and am in the process of getting reimbursed. I tried not to let it ruin my vacation, because after all, I was in Europe for the first time ever, and not sitting at my desk. My girlfriend got hers, so it is still a mystery to me how mine is still lost as I type this.

If you're a DL Skymiles member I hope you will be credited for all those miles your luggage flew ;):D

Archived