Question about early savers rate

Hi,

I'm booked, along with my family, an early saver rate for our October cruise on the Splendor and I've been checking to see if the rate will drop-- so far it's dropped $100 per cabin. But I've noticed that my cabin and another family member's cabin is sold out because we have aft facing balcony's-- so how can I tell if I can't do a fake booking on carnival.com?? Our category is 8M and the only balcony options on fare viewer are 8F and 8D categories. What should I do????

Thanks!

If you dont mind giving up your cabin, you could price match to the next higher category, which might be a suite.

If your category is sold out, there is never going to be a price as they arent selling your category right now. .. though someone could upgrade and it could come available again later on. (so keep looking)

Hi,

I'm booked, along with my family, an early saver rate for our October cruise on the Splendor and I've been checking to see if the rate will drop-- so far it's dropped $100 per cabin. But I've noticed that my cabin and another family member's cabin is sold out because we have aft facing balcony's-- so how can I tell if I can't do a fake booking on carnival.com?? Our category is 8M and the only balcony options on fare viewer are 8F and 8D categories. What should I do????

Thanks!

There are two options ...

1. Keep checking - even if 8M is sold out now, people switch categories all the time, so one might open up again and you can price match to it again then.

2. Watch the categories above you, such as the 9's or suites - and maybe one of them will drop to a price you find good and you can upgrade at minimal or no cost.

But, as it stands now you can't watch for prices on a category that is sold out as you've discovered!

Good luck!

Jenn:)

That's what I thought about not being able to price match something that isn't there anymore --- but I will keep checking and checking the suites. I'd love to try the aft facing balcony-- but I'm not opposed to a suite either :)

Thanks!

That's what I thought about not being able to price match something that isn't there anymore --- but I will keep checking and checking the suites. I'd love to try the aft facing balcony-- but I'm not opposed to a suite either :)

Thanks!

I love the aft balconies. In 2 cruises I have only had the afts. My friend had a normal balcony on our last cruise and it seemed cramped to me.

I love the aft balconies. In 2 cruises I have only had the afts. My friend had a normal balcony on our last cruise and it seemed cramped to me.

I've only cruised with balconies so I'm excited for more balcony :) drawback (ha can't believe I'm saying this) of the suites are the smaller balconies. We'll see what happens... either way I'm excited for the cruise!

Archived