Crown Princess Riviera deck R226 tell me what you know

kruzin'

:) Princess said the balcony was uncovered. I notice there is only 1 deck with cabins above us . Never had a balcony before and this was the last cabin in our price range..Princess Cays,Aruba and Curacao are our ports in November.. Would you keep it or change a premium oceanview? thank you all

Balconies on Riviera deck are covered; the Princess rep was mistaken. I think it's a fine location -- you have cabins, not public deck space, above you. You're convenient to the pools, but forward of the elevator lobby so you won't get lots of back-and-forth pool traffic in front of your door . . . I'd be happy with that assignment. If you can swing the fare, stick with a balcony for a warm-weather cruise: sitting out there at sunset, sipping wine . . . priceless!

We are booked in this cabin in December for the same route. As far as we are concerned, this IS a premium balcony.

Not only is the balcony covered, but the Lido deck sticks out maybe 6' beyond the balcony, so you seldom get any rain (sun depends on sun angle). The only downside for us is that the older GPS had problems getting a good lock (Nuvi has no problems).

Very little noise from above and a good view of the bridge on any ship. Crown has cabins above, so should be pretty quiet. On other ships the Horizon Court is above, but it is carpeted and pretty quiet. You may see cruise director staff or senior officers in the corridor, but because this is in front of the elevators it has little passenger traffic in the hall.

Archived