Questions specific to Celebrity Summit.

Rhayne

Hi I'm new here but I've been lurking the forums for a long time. I've searched and searched for answers and always end up with 2-3 conflicting ones. I'm curious if anyone can give me first hand knowledge (actually happened to you or what you do) on either the Celebrity Summit OR any Celebrity ship. We will be taking our first cruise soon.

1. Can we bring our own soda on board in cans?

If so, Are we allowed to bring the cans into the buffet or main dining rooms during lunch/dinner?

2. During formal night

For men - Do they have to wear a jacket or is a shirt and tie ok?

For women - Is a long skirt and a cowl necked shirt ok? (pictures below are examples of each)

3. Do you have any do's or don'ts specifically for Celebrity cruises?

(We already know not to wear bathing suits in restaurants and things of that nature)

Thanks for all your help in advance. :)

skirtshirt.jpg.5ec7bc2e2c44ed2047948db6a039c16d.jpg

If so, Are we allowed to bring the cans into the buffet or main dining rooms during lunch/dinner?

Yes, you can bring your own soft drinks on board. Bringing them to the buffet would be fine. I personally would not bring them to the dining room, any more than I would bring my own soft drink to a nice restaurant.

2. During formal night

For men - Do they have to wear a jacket or is a shirt and tie ok?

For women - Is a long skirt and a cowl necked shirt ok? (pictures below are examples of each)

Most men will be in the formal dress code as listed by Celebrity: a tuxedo, a dinner jacket or a suit. A few will be in a sports coat and nice slacks. Very very few will be in a sports coat and jeans. If you show up without a jacket, one may be given to you as your enter the dining room. It doesn't happen on all cruises, but it does happen.

The photograph shows something similar to what many ladies will be wearing, especially if it is accesorized with nice jewelry

(We already know not to wear bathing suits in restaurants and things of that nature)

No smoking anywhere inside the ship, no smoking on balconies

Hi I'm new here but I've been lurking the forums for a long time. I've searched and searched for answers and always end up with 2-3 conflicting ones. I'm curious if anyone can give me first hand knowledge (actually happened to you or what you do) on either the Celebrity Summit OR any Celebrity ship. We will be taking our first cruise soon.

If so, Are we allowed to bring the cans into the buffet or main dining rooms during lunch/dinner? Yes you can! We bring a case of beverages (water, soda, juice) and put a luggage tag on it so it goes right to our stateroom. You can carry in anything you want and if you carry in a can of something they sell on the ship, no one will know where it came from

2. During formal night

For men - Do they have to wear a jacket or is a shirt and tie ok? You run the risk of being turned away or being asked to wear a jacket off the rack they keep near the door. YMMV and enforcement is not consistent. Just be aware you could be turned away

For women - Is a long skirt and a cowl necked shirt ok? (pictures below are examples of each) This looks great and is perfectly acceptable, IMHO

(We already know not to wear bathing suits in restaurants and things of that nature) Definitely get the ice cream from the buffet in the afternoon and check out the Thassotherapy pool (adults only). ENJOY your cruise!

Thanks for all your help in advance. :)

Please see above

We were on the Summit last week and I found the dress code to be more casual than anticipated. For formal nights the men were getting away with a button down shirt and tie OR jacket, both wasn't required. Your skirt and shirt combo is fine, as is any cocktail dress.

Agree. Just returned from Summit to Bermuda 2 weeks ago. Hardly anyone was dressed up formally. Men had on jackets and ties but few had on suits. Women had on nice dresses or pants but very few dressy outfits. Seemed a lot more casual than my last cruise. Formal wear is not required in Blu or in the specialty restaurants on formal nights. Therefore, if you don't want to dress up formally you should consider specialty dining on those nights.

Archived