Shore excursionswith upper ave limits

perfect match

My DH wants to do a Segway tour on our upcoming cruise, ut the excursions listed for both Costa Maya and Cozumel are only available to cruisers age 12 to 65. His name doesn't even come up as eligible for the excursion on our cruise line website. I'm still under 65, so mine does come up. I have been looking at booking privately, but all the private listings seem to have the same age restrictions. We have both done a number of Segway excursions previously and are capable riders.

Does anyone have any suggestions for us? DH is really disappointed that he may not be allowed to ride. I'm thinking of bringing some of the pictures of some of our previous rides. Maybe that would help!

Don't know about the ship's insurance, but several of our neighbors who are over 70 have done this excursion through a different cruise line than the one we will be on. They did do their booking onboard the ship, not online like I tried to do. The real kicker for me is that when I go on the website for the cruise line they sailed on they list the same age restrictions, yet they were able to book it onboard.

I have found 2 private booking companies that do not list an upper age restriction for Cozumel Segway tours. I'm not as comfortable booking through an outside booking company, especially during hurricane season. I'm concerned that we might have a problem if there are any weather related changes to our itinerary because I will not have phone or email access on the cruise. I will wait until the last minute to book if I decide to go with one of the independents because I should have a pretty good idea of what the weather might be by then. Otherwise, I might try to book onboard like our friends did.

Archived