How long is the Disney bus from WDW to port?

StuckInOhio

Before our cruise we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Once the Disney bus picks us up, how long might we be on the bus until we get to Port Canaveral? Will the bus only take people from AK lodge straight to the port, or will we make several stops and pick-ups at the other hotels? I'm worried that if we stop at four or five other resorts, that we might end up sitting on that bus for two hours or more. ?

[From what i have heard its 75-90 mins once underway. There won't be any way of knowing how many resorts the bus will stop at until they give you the pickup time, it varies based on number of cruisers...

quote=StuckInOhio;39125736]Before our cruise we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Once the Disney bus picks us up, how long might we be on the bus until we get to Port Canaveral? Will the bus only take people from AK lodge straight to the port, or will we make several stops and pick-ups at the other hotels? I'm worried that if we stop at four or five other resorts, that we might end up sitting on that bus for two hours or more. ?

Before our cruise we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Once the Disney bus picks us up, how long might we be on the bus until we get to Port Canaveral? Will the bus only take people from AK lodge straight to the port, or will we make several stops and pick-ups at the other hotels? I'm worried that if we stop at four or five other resorts, that we might end up sitting on that bus for two hours or more. ?

They claim it is one hour and 15 minutes. We just had a cruise that stopped at Port Canaveral with transfers from the port to WDW and back. The trip around an hour each way and they do show Disney cartoons on board the bus to make the time go by. It was not a bad trip.

Now, on the way back, we did stop at Animal Kingdom to pick up one additional family, but again, in my opinion, it is painless.

The last time we did this we stayed at Old Key West and we were the last pickup to go to the port.

Our letter stated we needed to be at the stop by 11:45

When the bus arrived it was almost full, as we were the last pickup. Others on the bus said they were picked up starting at 11:00. We left Old Key West at 11:45 and it was 1 hour to the port. Traffic was light.

They play a video about the cruise and then end with some cartoons and trivia questions (all on video screens)

It's a nice drive and really didn't seem like an hour.

A lot of the kids fell asleep.

IME Cruisefan means the 75-80 not minutes but MPH drive to the port! They'll make it from Disney property to the port in just about an hour IME. Heck I can make it from the house to DW in a little over and hour and I'm 20 miles south of the port on 95 . . . I've been passed by the busses MANY times on 528.

can't tell ya about stops on property tho.

And if you've never seen the busses, MEARS has special busses for the cruiseline.

very nice with restroom and yes they show Disney videos along the way . . .

dclbus2tn.jpgdclbus6tn.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived