RCI new minimum age policy change

Effective July 1 2005 RCI and Celebrity will be lowering their minimum cruiser age from 25 years old to 21 years old. No longer will one person in the cabin need to be 25. This is to be able to compete at spring break and graduation with land based resorts. Could mean those times of the year will be much more chaotic than usual.

I'm confused. I have no idea where the previous policy came from, considering that my fiancee and I booked our cruise in January, and we are both 23. All the documents that I have clearly state that 21 is the minimum age. And we are more than happy to contribute to making the cruise more chaotic!

I'm confused. I have no idea where the previous policy came from, considering that my fiancee and I booked our cruise in January, and we are both 23. All the documents that I have clearly state that 21 is the minimum age. And we are more than happy to contribute to making the cruise more chaotic!

(This is beachchick)

That's correct. Anyone over 21 can book a cabin with others who are also over 21. The policy until now has been that under 21 must be booked with someone over 25. It sounds like the rule will become under 21 must be booked with someone over 21 (rather than 25). (We never cruise during Spring break or other big "out of school" times. We prefer to cruise with fewer kids and fewer rowdy Spring break high school/college kids.)

BTW: Feel free to make your cruise as "chaotic" as you like, just don't make other pax's cruises more chaotic. Have as much fun, chaos, and silliness as you want, but not at the expense of others enjoyment--that's the major point (and it applies for all cruises and vacations, not just Spring break).

beachchick

Just when one of my friends had to go switching colleges and our schedules are not out of sync. We all wanted to go on a cruise, but I'm 21, and they're only turning 21 next June, when I wanted to go in May....Then again, we're very responsible (non-party type), yet I don't want to be responsible for them LOL

Wonder if other lines will follow suit....

It reads that way however as explained by my TA the actual policy is that both in the room must be over 21 if not then someone in the room must be over 25, however it does not apply to putting children in a sperate room or to married couples. We did this on our cruise last spring break and we had room of folds that one was 23 and the other 20 and they wavied this rule since we had 7 other rooms on the ship. The easy way around it is to book it one way and once you get on switch to stay how you want they really don't mind.

Archived