If I buy a drink package one evening...

helpthejuggler

Not as I understand it. The drinks you have purchased PRIOR to the package will be charged to your account, and you will have SIGNED for and authorized each purchase.

The drinks you order after the purchase will not require a signature as they are applied to the drink package. It is not retro-active.

Besides who knows if you purchased a drink for someone else at lunch and put it on your card?

That is permitted if you are pay as you go, and not permitted under the package.

It would be best if you make the whole day either on or off the package.

Does the package then cover all items consumed earlier that day?

i.e. before the package was bought?

It seems like it should as the charge is for that day....

Packages can not be bought just for one day. You can wait until a couple of days into the cruise and then buy the package, but you can not buy the package for individual days.

Packages can not be bought just for one day. You can wait until a couple of days into the cruise and then buy the package, but you can not buy the package for individual days.

I interpret the OP as thinking that they'd see how much they were spending before deciding on a package for the rest of the cruise, but if they found that Day1 they spent more than $45 they'd want the package to cover all of their spending for Day1 + the rest of the cruise.

But the package is not retroactive.

I interpret the OP as thinking that they'd see how much they were spending before deciding on a package for the rest of the cruise, but if they found that Day1 they spent more than $45 they'd want the package to cover all of their spending for Day1 + the rest of the cruise.

But the package is not retroactive.

You interpret my question correctly. I plan to buy a package on day 2 but may not decide until late in the day if I wanted to drink much.

The package is not retroactive. It will cover the drinks purchased after you signed up for it. Also it is not prorated for the day. You will pay for the full day when you sign up and it will be for the remaining days of the cruise. There is a cut off day so you can't get it for the last day only.

Archived