Does the Carnival Spirit library have kids books?

As the mother of a voracious reader I have found cruise libraries on all lines- and we have cruised on the Spirit- we know well how poorly stocked libraries are for children. Threr may be a few pictue books- nothing for the late primary/early high years. The worst expereince we had was on a Disney Cruise which has no library at all- my daughter managed to actually find 2 or 3 books- clearly left behind by other children in the Kid's club but she wasn't allowed to take them out of the Kid's Club itself! We don't think much of Disney cruises in our family!

Our method is usually to buy a lot of second hand books and discard them as we go- but we still manage to get stuck sometimes. Last year in the middle of a European holiday/cruise we ran out- no English bookshops to be found. At last we stopped in Malta- and our first stop was the bookshop!! Jennie

Yes . Its a shame , but I guess thats the way we have let society go.

I guess Disney's library would all be on line?

Some children may never know what a book looks like.

Who wants something with pics that don't move?

I wonder when the first i pad for toddlers will be released...or has it been already:D

Not just kids, but cruise lines are deprioritising libraries. They don't earn revenue (mostly), so putting something in that does is more valuable.

Can't help with the kid question but it's a good one!

As the mother of a voracious reader I have found cruise libraries on all lines- and we have cruised on the Spirit- we know well how poorly stocked libraries are for children. Threr may be a few pictue books- nothing for the late primary/early high years. The worst expereince we had was on a Disney Cruise which has no library at all- my daughter managed to actually find 2 or 3 books- clearly left behind by other children in the Kid's club but she wasn't allowed to take them out of the Kid's Club itself! We don't think much of Disney cruises in our family!

Our method is usually to buy a lot of second hand books and discard them as we go- but we still manage to get stuck sometimes. Last year in the middle of a European holiday/cruise we ran out- no English bookshops to be found. At last we stopped in Malta- and our first stop was the bookshop!! Jennie

Hi nenasmum, I agree that ship libraries are poorly stocked and even worse for children's titles. If your daughter is a teen, she will be past illustrated books, so why not buy her a Kindle to take with her on your next holiday. They weigh no more than a regular book and can store 1000's of titles of her choice. They are great, I love my kindle :)

I've seen a photo of the Carnival Spirit library and all I can see are computers - does it have kids books available to borrow too?

Hi

When we were on the Spirit in Jan 2013, I went to the library out of interest to see what types of books they had available for borrowing. They had a small collection of books- none of which interested me and there were no books suitable for children to borrow. I am glad I took my own books to read.:)

Archived