Freedom of the Seas - Grand Suite Locations

Hello,

I need some help and guidance from others who have sailed on the Freedom class ships. We are looking at booking a Grand Suite for our cruise in September but there are only a few GS available. We have read on Cruise Critic that it can be very noisy a night due to cleaning/moving chairs on the pool deck.

The only GS available are 1260 (directly under a whirlpool) and 1252 and 1552. Any advice would be much appreciated. We do not mind having our balcony shaded by the whirlpools but mire concerned about the noise level and if people in the whirl pools can see onto the balcony by looking down.

Any help would be greatl appreciated! Thank You!

Have sailed several times on Liberty & Indy and that to me is one of the drawbacks with the GS's...too far forward (JMHO)...Given the option I prefer the JS's on deck #9 midship....Regardless I know you'll enjoy my favorite class ship :)

Hello,

I need some help and guidance from others who have sailed on the Freedom class ships. We are looking at booking a Grand Suite for our cruise in September but there are only a few GS available. We have read on Cruise Critic that it can be very noisy a night due to cleaning/moving chairs on the pool deck.

The only GS available are 1260 (directly under a whirlpool) and 1252 and 1552. Any advice would be much appreciated. We do not mind having our balcony shaded by the whirlpools but mire concerned about the noise level and if people in the whirl pools can see onto the balcony by looking down.

Any help would be greatl appreciated! Thank You!

I'd take the farthest forward staterooms, 1252 or 1552.

Just been in 1552 on Independence liked it so much booked it again for next cruise. Very close to the forward elevators never heard any noise from the lift area. You did hear a little overhead noise when sun beds being moved but it did not bother us one little bit.

Go for 1552

1564 and 1264 are directly under the tubs. We've been in 1268 and never heard a peep from the tubs. I think 1260 is the next GS down from the tub. I haven't stayed in 1260 so I can't say for sure if the tub partially covers it or not but they definitely cover 1264.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 1264 on Freedom once and actually kind of liked it. The balcony is huge because it juts out a little more. Yes, you could hear a little humming from the motor on the tub, but we got used to it quickly. The overhang also makes it shady. So, when its full sun time on that side of the ship, there is some shade to relax in out on the balcony. :cool:

Just been in 1552 on Independence liked it so much booked it again for next cruise. Very close to the forward elevators never heard any noise from the lift area. You did hear a little overhead noise when sun beds being moved but it did not bother us one little bit.

Go for 1552

Thank you very much for the feedback. Do you know what is above 1552 or 1252? The reason I am asking these questions is because while on the Oasis in February we found out that our room was next to a service door. We could hear the door slamming shut a few times overnight during the week but on the last night while returning to port the door was being slammed shut every few minutes keeping us up at 3 am. We were not happy campers when our 7 am departure time rolled around. :(

Thank you very much for the feedback. Do you know what is above 1552 or 1252? The reason I am asking these questions is because while on the Oasis in February we found out that our room was next to a service door. We could hear the door slamming shut a few times overnight during the week but on the last night while returning to port the door was being slammed shut every few minutes keeping us up at 3 am. We were not happy campers when our 7 am departure time rolled around. :(

The Solarium is above 1552 and 1252.

We were next door to Campbell51 in 1548 and although there is a little noise from the sunbeds being moved it didn't trouble us and the position of 1552 is excellent, near the lifts and the balcony is lovely too. I should know as I was hanging over our balcony chatting to Campbell51 all the time!! :D

Avoid 1568 been in that suite service area door exactly opposite and it was exactly as you described your room on the Oasis. Very noisy would avoid that room in the future.

Thank you everybody for the great information. We have booked 1252 as 1552 was booked when I went to make the reservation yesterday. As of last night 1260 was already gone as well! Good thing I booked when I did! Very excited to be back on FOS!

We have had 1260 and enjoyed it ! You are just forward of the hot tub, but the curvature of the tub starts just above the balcony.....did that make sense ? It doesn't block your view, and actually give you some partial shade in the late afternoon. Safari as noise, there wasn't any , remember, you are just below the adult solarium !

We booked 1248 again for next February. Loved it. Close to the elevators, and directly below the Solarium (just a staircase away from that bar!). Occasional noise from chairs moving above--early am--but I always managed to get back to sleep.

Archived