dining booking

Blondie008

I have booked my friend on to a cruise. He tried tonight to complete his web check in, and didnt have an option to choose dining ie late or early or table size. He is just in a classic cabin.

Any idea how he can organise this? If he called his agent could they request it for him?

Our booking is always a suite so know there is never a problem so was puzzled he couldnt get on his web check in that option?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Are there tables for two in the Costa dining rooms (we're considering the Costa Fortuna)?

As we've never crusied on Costa ships before, could someone please inform us if there is a "dining as you please" option such as on Holland America and RCCL which permits you to reserve in the non-speciality main dining room when you wish to dine, including tables for just two people, depending on space available?

Grazie mille!

Are there tables for two in the Costa dining rooms (we're considering the Costa Fortuna)?

As we've never crusied on Costa ships before, could someone please inform us if there is a "dining as you please" option such as on Holland America and RCCL which permits you to reserve in the non-speciality main dining room when you wish to dine, including tables for just two people, depending on space available?

Grazie mille!

there is no anytime/as you wish dining on costa. i haven't been on the fortuna, so i cannot say, but i would imagine there are tables for two. just as the dining room manager. i've always found them to be accomodating.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice on a Costa cruise I am looking at, the diniNg times are quite late, 730 AND 930 pm. I understand Europeans like to eat late. Would it be fairly easy to get early dining?

Somebody above said something about you can't request your dining time in advance??? I wasn't sure what is meant by a classic room...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

http:/http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/AboutCruising/suite/suite.htm#novita-2013 - perhaps this helps.

We book premium categorie and can choose between two dinner times. We, too, prefer to eat earlier. With premium cabins you can order breakfast to your cabin for free. You get the double of points. After our first cruise - 3 weeks on Costa Atlantica - plus AI Package + excurions booked through Costa we became pearl members of Costa club. And with a premium booking you get 10 % discount on your next Costa cruise if it is within 2 years. But note - to get this you will have to register at a machine on the ship. But that's easy. :)

Looks like I have a lot to learn about cruising Costa, things seem to be done differently.

If I had to eat at 930pm I would not book a Costa cruise as that is far too late. So if I can't get to choose when I eat then I may not be going Costa.

Is it easy enough to ask the maitre d' or dining room manager to change your seating? I am curious which seating tends to be the most busy. Over here, early seating requests fill up faster than late seating. It is easy to get late seating on Carnival, RCI, Holland America etc. Also, these cruise lines have a certain number of open seating places where you just show up when you want. On NCL, the whole ship is open seating in the two main dining rooms.

If you are a premium customer on most cruise lines (sailed with them so many times, have so many points or whatever their loyalty program has...) you get to pick your seating, guaranteed.

Looks like I have a lot to learn about cruising Costa, things seem to be done differently.

If I had to eat at 930pm I would not book a Costa cruise as that is far too late. So if I can't get to choose when I eat then I may not be going Costa.

Is it easy enough to ask the maitre d' or dining room manager to change your seating? I am curious which seating tends to be the most busy. Over here, early seating requests fill up faster than late seating. It is easy to get late seating on Carnival, RCI, Holland America etc. Also, these cruise lines have a certain number of open seating places where you just show up when you want. On NCL, the whole ship is open seating in the two main dining rooms.

If you are a premium customer on most cruise lines (sailed with them so many times, have so many points or whatever their loyalty program has...) you get to pick your seating, guaranteed.

If you book a premium cabin you can book table times, although this will cost more you also get free breakfast room service and better cabin placement. ($150)

Saying that although we are Gold Pearl Members we have never had any problem getting a table changed or times changed, even on one cruise, from late to early then back again and we met some new friends who wanted early sitting.

Again as the Italians eat mostly late early sitting is not usually full.

as a north america, you can pretty much be assured you will be assigned early seating. the dining room manager knows we eat earlier than europeans. if for some reason you are not (i always check first thing when boarding) simply speak to the manager. they are most accomodating.

Archived