Welcome to Latitudes Next Tier letter?

mizLORInj

Is this a thing of the past? When we achieved silver a couple years ago we got a congratulations packet and OBC offer. Anyone get anything for hitting the next tier anymore?

to NCL: I think something (letter?) should be left in your cabin to welcome guests to the next tier as you complete the qualifying cruise.

I really think NCL is missing a great opportunity here. The perfect time to showcase the jump in level would be to have a letter slipped under the door on the last night. It could say "BOOK YOUR NEXT CRUISE ASAP SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR NEW LATITUDE LEVEL PERKS, ETC. Then list them.

Is this a thing of the past? When we achieved silver a couple years ago we got a congratulations packet and OBC offer. Anyone get anything for hitting the next tier anymore?

to NCL: I think something (letter?) should be left in your cabin to welcome guests to the next tier as you complete the qualifying cruise.

No, I just got the email and OBC offer or moving up a tier a couple of weeks ago.

I did the previous tier as well :). Maybe they dont have your email address in their records? Like luggage tags nothing really mailed out anymore!

WELCOME TO GOLD STATUS.

Loyalty has its privileges...

Welcome home and thank you for sailing with us again! We hope you enjoyed your recent cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line. The points you earned on this sailing qualify you for Gold status in our Latitudes Rewards programme. Congratulations! On your next sailing, you will be able to enjoy even more on board benefits, including priority tender tickets and priority disembarkation.

To learn more about all your benefits, click here.

And as an extra reward, if you book your next cruise within 120 days of becoming a Gold member we will reward you with an on board credit*. So don't miss out, book your next cruise of 6 nights or longer in this time frame and enjoy the free on board spending money as shown in the table below.

I got an email after reaching Silver. It arrived about 6 weeks after the sailing.

As above, it offered OBC for new bookings.

Both singlecruiser and I are from the UK. It would seem odd for NCL to offer us anything that the US doesn't get. It's usually the other was round.

My wife didn't get the email, but according to NCL the offer is showing on her account.

I got an email after reaching Silver. It arrived about 6 weeks after the sailing.

As above, it offered OBC for new bookings.

Both singlecruiser and I are from the UK. It would seem odd for NCL to offer us anything that the US doesn't get. It's usually the other was round.

My wife didn't get the email, but according to NCL the offer is showing on her account.

Odd but true. Those of us in the US stopped getting OBC for reaching a new tier as of April 1, 2012. DH and I both reached Platinum in May 2012 and purchased two FCR's on the May cruise in anticipation of booking two cruises so we would each get the Tier OBC. Our PCC found out they discontinued the Tier OBC on April 1, 2012 so we were too late reaching Platinum to receive any OBC. :(

It has changed now, but when we went from bronze to silver, we were given $150 OBC each. Both could not be used on a single cruise at one time, but that was OK, we booked two.

It was a very nice perk.

I think your clock was received many years ago as was ours. I think that since NCL has changed the Latitudes program with better perks (certainly for higher levels) and inside offers and Latitudes discounts or on board credits on new bookings plus the fact that all your cruise history can be had on line I guess they see no need for the congrats letter.

Anyway it works for us.

I really think NCL is missing a great opportunity here. The perfect time to showcase the jump in level would be to have a letter slipped under the door on the last night. It could say "BOOK YOUR NEXT CRUISE ASAP SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR NEW LATITUDE LEVEL PERKS, ETC. Then list them.

Absolutely agree! I think customers would really appreciate such a gesture. I know I would! Wouldn't take much effort on NCL's part.

I know when we hit Platinum on Princess, we got a packet in our mail slot the last night of the qualifying cruise. No OBC, but it listed our new benefits and was still nice!

I got an email in March when I moved up to platinum to say I could have OBC on the next booking as long as I booked within 60 days of receiving the email - I never had anything for the other tier moves.

My son who is 20 went up to gold at the same time and got nothing

I got an email in March when I moved up to platinum to say I could have OBC on the next booking as long as I booked within 60 days of receiving the email - I never had anything for the other tier moves.

My son who is 20 went up to gold at the same time and got nothing

I notice you are from the UK. I think only UK cruisers seem to get this perk.

We got OBC after our first cruise but only because I called in after seeing it here on CC.

We didn't receive any email or snail mail for when we made silver and after our next cruise I think we will be gold. Maybe we will get something than but probably not:o

Archived