Shuttle Buses in Stockholm ?

ToadOfToadHall

We're on a Baltic cruise shortly on the QV and it stops at Stockholm. I've looked it up and there are two ports cruises land at; STADSGÅRDEN or FRIHAMNEN.

It seems that Fridamen is 2 to 3 miles out of the city and guess what ? Yep, our cruise parks there. So, does anyone know if Cunard provide a shuttle bus into the city/old town ? Thanks.

I was there in 2009 with Princess cruises and there was a shuttle bus at the port (not sure which one, sorry) for which we paid. It was meant to be 80 SEK return. There was a group of Australians working the queues and selling tickets, so language was no problem.

Another alternative was the HoHo boat, but I'd read that it only visits the port in the morning to collect passengers; you'd have to find some other way to get back to the port in the afternoon. That was a pity as it sounded tempting. It may have changed in the last 4 years.

Cunard, of course, may be completely different.

We have been in a couple of times with different cruise lines and there has been a shuttle run by the city, which was chargeable. The shuttle dropped of in a square near the Royal Palace, close to the old town and port to go over to the islands.

If however you are able it is actually just a nice stretch of the legs along the waterfront. We walked it the second day once we had our bearings.

As a random thought Stockholm has the most expensive public toilets I have ever come across and you need coins in local currency to use them. Go prepared!

Here's a site for the bus and boat, in case you have not seen it yet. Be careful with the HoHo bus as it refers to the port as being part of 'extra tours in the morning and afternoon', which means it may only have restricted times. Check that carefully.

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/sweden/stockholm.htm#tourlandingposition

Hi

I was in Stockholm on July 19, 2012 while on a 14 day Baltic cruise on Queen Elizabeth. This was my second Baltic cruise and it was better than the first I took in 2000 on HAL.

There was a FREE ongoing shuttle bus service starting at arrival. The ship tied up at Stadsgarden. The bus dropped passengers off at Stromgatan opposite the opera house. Its about a 20 minute ride. Last bus back was at 3:15. I took the bus into the center of town but seeing the lines for the bus back to the pier I took a cab. BTW, it was always nice to return home to the Queen Elizabeth after a day of exploring.

You will especially enjoy the scenery sailing in and out of the city. Awesome! Amazing! Unforgettable!

Enjoy your visit!

Deck Chair.

We berthed at Frihammen on QV last year - and a shuttle bus into the city was provided for us. From the place we were dropped off, we had a enjoyable (but slightly longish) waterside walk to the Vasa Museum. Caught the ferry back to the old town. I was very impressed with Stockholm and would like to go back.

Barry

Archived