Valor - Upper Deck AFT??

jen1016

I am travelling with a group from Ottawa, Ontario and a travel agent is taking care of booking our cabins etc. He just informed us that we can upgrade our balcony cabin to a cabin on the Upper Deck, AFT with an extended balcony ... what are other cruisers experiences with this group of cabins and locations? I don't have the exact cabin number yet, but he said it's a looking straight out of the back of ship.

If anyone has any pictures to share, that would be even better!!

We are sailing February 23/14 ... can't wait !!!!

Thanks,

Jennifer

I am travelling with a group from Ottawa, Ontario and a travel agent is taking care of booking our cabins etc. He just informed us that we can upgrade our balcony cabin to a cabin on the Upper Deck, AFT with an extended balcony ... what are other cruisers experiences with this group of cabins and locations? I don't have the exact cabin number yet, but he said it's a looking straight out of the back of ship.

Thanks,

Jennifer

We really enjoyed our aft on the Liberty (Valor's sister ship). While there is less of a breeze (which was fine for us - we're Canadian too, and love the warmth in the winter), the views are spectacular! Just Google "Carnival Valor aft cabins" and a bunch of photos should pop up. They are bigger than standard balconies - we had two chairs, a small table, and a lounger!

Be advised that the afts are a little less private - but fun. You really get to meet your neighbours (if you like that).

Would book one again with no problem!

We were in cabin 7448 on the Valor a few weeks ago. It is an aft cabin right off the back. We really didn't prefer it, but it is a matter of choice. It is not private as the "walls" are diagonal and not straight across so you can see your neighbors and they can see you. Also you get a great view of the sea, but that is about it. Hard to see what is around you at port from your balcony. As I said it is a matter for preference. We didn't really like the aft balcony, but some love them.

Thanks,

Jennifer

We had an Aft on Empress on our first sailing on the Liberty and due to the vibration and noise they were not for us. Also being on Upper Deck you do not have cabins below you

He just informed us that we can upgrade our balcony cabin to a cabin on the Upper Deck, AFT with an extended balcony

You will have a lounge beneath you. I have read "yes, you can hear noise", and "no you can't hear noise". :confused: I personally prefer cabins above and below, but its up to you to make that decision. If you can upgrade to the next deck above, Empress, do that. Then you will have cabins above and below you. I was just in the same situation; was able to upgrade to the Upper deck and was okay with it - but chance came to upgrade to Empress so grabbed it. :)

Edited by cruisin*tigger

• 5 months later...

So we are no longer in an aft cabin, one of the "L" cabins with the extended balcony on the upper deck became available and I jumped all over that like "white on rice" we love these cabins!! i was a little worried about being in a true aft cabin, with all sun, no breeze. now that we are in one of our usual choice cabins i am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY now if the days would only go faster :D :D

So we are no longer in an aft cabin, one of the "L" cabins with the extended balcony on the upper deck became available and I jumped all over that like "white on rice" we love these cabins!! i was a little worried about being in a true aft cabin, with all sun, no breeze. now that we are in one of our usual choice cabins i am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY now if the days would only go faster :D :D

Great Switch. We had that same L-Cabin in 2010 on the Valor. You will love the Balcony (we did). Had an Aft-Wrap on the Glory in 2012 along with 3 other Afts all side by side with family and friends. Had a great time and the privacy was definitely not there with everyone knowing everyone else. Prefer the L cabin over the regular aft. O, by the way we will be on the Valor with you on the 26th in Lido 9294. Heard a lot about the Lido Deck Cabins and thought we would give it a try. We are listed on the Roll-Call. Anything decided on the Meet & Greet? See Ya on board.

Great Switch. We had that same L-Cabin in 2010 on the Valor. You will love the Balcony (we did). Had an Aft-Wrap on the Glory in 2012 along with 3 other Afts all side by side with family and friends. Had a great time and the privacy was definitely not there with everyone knowing everyone else. Prefer the L cabin over the regular aft. O, by the way we will be on the Valor with you on the 26th in Lido 9294. Heard a lot about the Lido Deck Cabins and thought we would give it a try. We are listed on the Roll-Call. Anything decided on the Meet & Greet? See Ya on board.

We have had the "L" a few times and love em!!

we have a group going on over on F ace B ook. search us out