Is there TOO formal?

nmlmom

I might skip the gloves, but it looked to me like the dress would be perfectly appropriate. You'll want to make sure your husband is dressed to the same level of formality, but that dress is definitely OK to wear.

Have fun on your cruise!

Hi:) I agree with the other gals. Your dress is BEAUTIFUL:) and I don't think

you can be too dressed up on formal night.

Just make sure you have space to pack it;)

Wow, you'll look gorgeous. I also have opera gloves to wear with my gown on the first formal night. I don't think I've ever worn them before, I'm dressing to the nines! Have a wonderful time, you'll look great!

Jane :)

My question is this...I think that dress is beautiful and absolutely fine to wear but what is the least formal you can go? I have a dress I wore to a wedding last weekend that I love but now I am questioning the formality (is that a word) of it. :) HELP!!

8480113_s.jpg

My question is this...I think that dress is beautiful and absolutely fine to wear but what is the least formal you can go? I have a dress I wore to a wedding last weekend that I love but now I am questioning the formality (is that a word) of it. :) HELP!!

8480113_s.jpg

Looks fine to me! Have a nice time.:D

What is too formal for MEN????

I have a quiet simple and WONDERFUL husband who will wear whatever I ask for the formal night. I had planned on renting him a tux for the formal nights but, now I am worried that he will be over dressed.

Do a lot of men wear tuxes on the formal nights or do most wear a suit :confused:

I will have a floor length dress on and we are cruising Mexico on the Princess. Thanks for the suggestions..

I have a quiet simple and WONDERFUL husband who will wear whatever I ask for the formal night. I had planned on renting him a tux for the formal nights but, now I am worried that he will be over dressed.

Do a lot of men wear tuxes on the formal nights or do most wear a suit :confused:

I will have a floor length dress on and we are cruising Mexico on the Princess. Thanks for the suggestions..

Many men wear suits - my DH rented a tux for our first cruise. He didn't mind wearing it and loved the extra attention from me, so upon our return he bought his own tux. He looks so handsome in it and wears it to both formal nights. He leaves his suit at home and packs a sports jacket for the dining room too. Some gentlemen will not wear even a sports jacket on formal night, so you will see a variety of attire. On RCCL, on formal nights the majority of men wear suits, followed by tuxes and very informal wear. I really enjoy getting all dressed up in a gown for formal night, so DH's tux compliments my outfit. If I was wearing a more informal dress, his tux would be too much. If he is willing to wear a tux - go for it. He'll look grrrreat!

Have a good cruise.

There were quite a number of men in tuxes on the formal nights of our cruise to the Baltics on the Grand Princess last summer......one year ago today, to be exact. <sniff, sniff>

My DH had a tux on as did our cruisemates.

Jane

Archived