Can I make 10:25 am flight with self debarkation from Port Everglades to FLL Airport?

beehee124

I agree with the prior poster who said you have a 50/50 chance of making it. I personally wouldn't try it. FLL is close to the port, but the airport is very busy on Sundays. Any delay could mean missing your flight, and with flights essentially full, you could have a long wait at the airport if you don't make your flight. I'd bok a flight closer to Noon.

I've had several early flights from FLL and docked in POM. I was off the ship by 7:30 and at the airport by 9:00am but everything has to go on schedule. Yes, you can make your flight just see the purser on the ship and tell them you have an early flight. But do not use Carnival as a transfer to FLL use SAS transportation they are fast. Good Luck!!!!

The earliest i would book a flight is 11:30

Your luggage will need to be checked before 9:30

self embarkation is the only way you will make that flight-- and if someone is not showing up at customs the ship will not be released you could miss that flight.

too much stress for me.

Last year we got off self assistant was on bus by 8:10 waiting for it to fill. Left 8:30 got to FTL about 9:15 then stood in a really long line to check in. Was at gate by 10-10:15. I think you will be cutting it close. I would take a later flight

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's hit or miss.

First time out of Ft. Lauderdale we were still on the ship at 10:30am (and we were Platinum!)

Second time out of Ft. Lauderdale we were off the ship at 7:30am.

Another time we cruised into Miami but our flight was out of Ft. Lauderdale. We were off the ship at 6:45am! We got to the airport so early that we were able to stand by on a 9:00am flight!

Same thing has happened at other ports. Last time out of Port Canaveral we were on the road shortly after 7:00am. The previous time we were still on the ship at 11:00am!

I've one a 1015am flight out of Miami, and a 1045am out of Orlando (Dream in PC). Made both flights, but I'll be honest, it wasn't worth it, especially the 1015 out of Miami. The last day of the cruise I was extremely nervous that we were going to miss our flight. For my Breeze cruise in Sept, there was a much cheaper direct flight at 1015, but I opted for a more expensive connecting flight at 1145 just to be safe. Long story short, if everything goes well, you can be there with plenty of time, but if anything goes amiss, you are SOL. For our Imagination cruise, because of high seas, the ship did not dock in Miami until 1030.

Archived