What to expect on Adventure of the Seas

Adventure is a fine ship, with outstanding service. We've been on several cruises on Adventure, and have a couple more booked. We have enjoyed the Portofino restaurant onboard.

Adventure is scheduled to go through a major dry dock in April 2014, so there will likely be more restaurants venues added then.

My dh and I sailed Celebrity BF (before kid) and really enjoyed it. We loved the food and luxury feeling (for mainstream cruise) but it was our first cruise experience, so there's that. Anyhow, now with our daughter RCI is a great fit. We find the food in the dining room on RCI not quite as good as Celebrity, but we like the international selections. However, we prefer RCI's buffet. Actually, we tried the Windjammer buffet for dinner and quite enjoyed it. We like the Indian food selections and other Asian offerings. Believe it or not, it is quite nice and serene in there at night. On our Adventure cruise last Feb. they were serving ice cream at the tables. We liked Portofino, but I guess I find so much to do on RCI that the food and dining experience just aren't my focus, but that could be the kid factor.

As far as the ships, RCI has more to offer in the way of activities, I think. I also found a more international crowd on RCI which I enjoyed. Adventure has a bit of a Hispanic flair due to the port being in Puerto Rico. We loved Puerto Rico, etc and the crowd on Adventure. A nice mix of internationals. locals Puerto Ricans and , other Americans, etc.

The adult pool, the solarium, is great. There is a nice hot tub and gym/spa. I never felt the ship to be crowded (except parties in the promenade, but that was to be expected. Getting seat for Quest was easy. Check out The Quest. You can't find that on Celebrity. The ice skating show is a must see.

RCI and Celebrity are different, but they are both great products.

Enjoy!

Hope you will love the Adventure as much as we have. We tried Adventure for a back to back last year in 2012 much to the advice of Ocean Boy and CKRobyn who started the adventure thread years ago. We so loved the ship, even tho we have been on her sister ship Explorer many many times, the crew, the activities. We so enjoyed the level of service compared to the Allure and Oasis...so much more personable we found. We enjoyed the food. Portofinos is terrific. There are so many places on the ship to just enjoy quiet. I was recently on the Celebrity Summit and was very disappointed in the service and the staff. Food was subpar as the staff was new and still learning the ropes. I didn't choose the ship; a family member was looking for a ship to be in Bermuda for the Harbour Nights and didn't want to go on the new Breakaway. Someday we may choose Celebrity again but we are booked for several cruises in the next few years....including Adventure for two weeks 2014 and 2015! Safe travels...see you on board!

We're going to be on Adventure on September 1st, so this is a useful thread. We were on Navigator last autumn and really enjoyed that. It's nice to hear about the little differences. I know there is no Chop on Adventure (yet). Are there other things I should know?

We're going to be on Adventure on September 1st, so this is a useful thread. We were on Navigator last autumn and really enjoyed that. It's nice to hear about the little differences. I know there is no Chop on Adventure (yet). Are there other things I should know?

The balcony contruction on Adventure is different than Navigator. The walls are made of steel, so there's less light than the balconies on Navigator. I think there's more privacy on the Adventure balconies, but many others refer to them as steel caves and prefer the newer style balcony. I'd stay away from deck 6 balconies on Adventure as the balcony wall is all steel, no glass at all.

The AOS is our favorite ship so far. Perfect size, amenities and great memories. Been on a couple of times doing 2 different Caribbean itineraries. We actually like the steel dividers between the balconies as it gives much more privacy and sound deadening than the normal dividers. We have no desire to go on the Oasis or Allure as they are just getting too big. I know we will be looking for a new itinerary on AOS once she comes out of dry dock next year. The last time we sailed on her, about a year ago, she was in fine shape and more to offer than you can take advantage of in a week. I read that she is still as good today.

We've enjoyed Adventure twice - on cruises 4 years apart.

Love the ship, the cabins, the food, the entertainment, the excursions, the ports....all of it.

The privacy on balconies are great - quieter. Mrs. Cruisefan loves to sit there, watch the view, and read a book with room service coffee. She says it doesn't get much better than that.

I love the views in the early mornings and late nights. We would not even consider anything but a balcony stateroom anymore.

647726176_022813StLucia3.jpg.8eede30245addbcefabb892382dfbd54.jpg

620153562_022513St.Croix3MorningSunriseandArrival.jpg.a842ba111abd99ceabae48211dbc49fb.jpg

1614725491_022513St.Croix9XSunsetatSea.jpg.a16adbad5ce23287feec2cdaa77af955.jpg

We disembarked Adventure this morning.

Some of the interior was obviously in need of a refit-stained chairs, some dirty carpet, a leaky sink in our cabin etc.

However these things were all superficial and will be sorted in April anyway.

What we will remember most was the brilliant staff, both in the service areas and the cruise director staff. The ship had a really friendly feel and nothing seemed too much trouble (except the Shore Excursion desk but there is always one bad apple!)

There was so much to do, we enjoyed the majority of the shows, won countless amounts of goodies at trivia, cheered at The Quest, were amazed by the ice-show and had trouble trying to fit a bit of sunbathing in!

The food in the MDR was, on the whole, really nice and we never felt the need to use the cover-charge options.

The Windjammer could get a bit hectic and occasionally there was trouble getting a seat but we always managed.

I think Adventure was the perfect size ship for us and we look forward to sailing on her again soon.:)

AOS is a great ship! The layout of the public rooms is fantastic; one flows into another flawlessly. It's big enough for everything we like. The entertainment and activities are excellent. We found the food to be good.

We're sailing on her again right before dry dock in Mar '13. It's almost time to start counting days (or months, at the very least.)

Archived