RCI Shuttle buses Spanish Med

I feel that RCI should look at their pricing policy for shuttle buses. In my opinion for a family of four they are far too expensive. We are just off Independence and the following pricing was in operation.

Valencia Ships shuttle was $15 pp. This would have cost us $60. Instead we took a taxi and paid €15 going and €11 return on the meter. We did find out later that Valencia Authority had actually laid on free bus which took you outside the port and then gave instructions on the correct buses to take to where you wanted to go. The local bus was only €1.50. RCI kept this a secret. The HOHO bus is a good way to see this beautiful city €17

Ibiza Ships Shuttle was $10pp. Taxi was €8.75 on meter each way

Barcelona Ships Shuttle $15pp. Port bus T3 was €3.50 return pp. Takes you to the bottom of Las Ramblas

Lisbon Ships Shuttle $12pp. Taxi was €8 but we were conned by the taxi taking us to town as the price he gave us upfront was €20 (€5 per person). We did not know any better . The return journey was on the meter €8.

Cadiz did not have a shuttle and was a ten minute walk but it was too hot and we took a taxi €7 each way.

We also took a ships tour to Palma Nova beach in Mallorca and paid £18 each but the tour guide told us that a local taxi is €20 each way.

It is definitely worthwhile looking at the options available.

I feel that RCI should look at their pricing policy for shuttle buses. In my opinion for a family of four they are far too expensive. We are just off Independence and the following pricing was in operation.

Valencia Ships shuttle was $15 pp. This would have cost us $60. Instead we took a taxi and paid €15 going and €11 return on the meter. We did find out later that Valencia Authority had actually laid on free bus which took you outside the port and then gave instructions on the correct buses to take to where you wanted to go. The local bus was only €1.50. RCI kept this a secret. The HOHO bus is a good way to see this beautiful city €17

Barcelona Ships Shuttle $15pp. Port bus T3 was €3.50 return pp. Takes you to the bottom of Las Ramblas

Lisbon Ships Shuttle $12pp. Taxi was €8 but we were conned by the taxi taking us to town as the price he gave us upfront was €20 (€5 per person). We did not know any better . The return journey was on the meter €8.

Cadiz did not have a shuttle and was a ten minute walk but it was too hot and we took a taxi €7 each way.

We also took a ships tour to Palma Nova beach in Mallorca and paid £18 each but the tour guide told us that a local taxi is €20 each way.

Very helpful thank you, We have a couple of those ports on our next cruise and your advice has been very useful.

I haven't but I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you. I wondering what the date of your cruise was and what your experience on board was like. Another poster on here was on the 29 June cruise and reported a lot of badly behaved children and drunken behaviour and fighting in the promenade. Did you see anything like this?

We were on the 29th June sailing but did not see any drunken behaviour. We are normally back in our cabin by midnight and normally go to the shows and Pyramid Lounge or Olive & Twist. We did hear of a family who were removed from the ship for fighting.

All the kids we saw were well behaved. Our teenage daughter and friend spent most of their time in The Living Room or Fuel (no adults allowed).

I have the feeling they are trying to make as much money as possible, they are a business you know.:rolleyes: It always pays to research your options.

We were on the 29th June sailing but did not see any drunken behaviour. We are normally back in our cabin by midnight and normally go to the shows and Pyramid Lounge or Olive & Twist. We did hear of a family who were removed from the ship for fighting.

All the kids we saw were well behaved. Our teenage daughter and friend spent most of their time in The Living Room or Fuel (no adults allowed).

Thanks for that, very reassuring and thanks for the information on the shuttles, we are definitely thinking of doing it ourself in most ports.

Ah really useful, we are on this itinerary and ship in August and have a teenage daughter so will think of loads of questions over a bottle of wine tonight and bombard you in one go if that's ok!! Xx

My teenage daughter (15) and her friend loved this cruise. Make sure she goes along on the first night to meet the other teens. According to my daughter the teen worker Zoe was the best ever!

How is this arranged, do they just advertise the time and place or do you need to book in advance x

There should be a Cruise Compass in your cabin and it has all of the activities in it. It will give the time for the teens to meet. It is normally about 8pm. You don't book just go along. The Teen Staff give a welcome talk and explain what is acceptable behaviour and not. They normally then get "free" arcade time when they can all mingle. Then they may play dodge ball. Teens have a 1am curfew unless they are in the Teen Club or with an adult. She will have a great time.

We have just got off Adventure and for us the Lisbon shuttle was $15 each!

However the ship did give out the information about the T3 bus for Barcelona.

Palma de Mallorca was offered at $15 each as well. We took the long walk in to stretch our legs but used a taxi back for 8 euros!

We are also a family of four and thought the pricing was ridiculous.:mad:

We are recently off the IOS West Med cruise, and generally either walked from the ship at the ports of call, or took at taxi.

At IBIZA though, we could not find any taxis at the port (it was a Monday), and were more than happy paying $10 per person for the shuttlebus, rather than waiting in a long queue for a taxi in the searing heat (no cover) which may have taken a long time to arrive.

(After waiting at an empty taxi rank in a large queue for about 15 minutes, during which no taxis came, we about turned and walked back to the ship, where, on production of our Seapass cards, we could board the shuttlebus).

I agree on the too expensive part in many cases, but then they are a Business and it´s their Job to get as much Money out of us they can. For every Service there is some Point of where a Service gets a max of Revenue and People still use it. If they go to high and People stop paying the Price they Need to lower, if they go too low they make a bad Job in maximising Revenue. So as Long enough People are paying the rates they are good.

Exactly! That is why you spend hours and hours doing your research beforehand on this site so you know exactly what to do in each port, thus avoiding overpriced tours and unnecessary transfers!

Archived