Ka'anapali Beach

RUDIMAY1

I saw there is a fairly new restaurant called, Fleetwoods. It is owned By Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac's fame. As a old classic rock fan I will have to at least indulge in a beverage there. I don't know how we will cram in all the things we want to do in Maui?

I saw there is a fairly new restaurant called, Fleetwoods. It is owned By Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac's fame. As a old classic rock fan I will have to at least indulge in a beverage there. I don't know how we will cram in all the things we want to do in Maui?

That's the old Planet Hollywood location so there should be enough room for momentos of his career. I don't recall the name of the most recent restaurant there however they also used the rooftop for dining which photos indicate Fleetwoods is also doing.

That's the old Planet Hollywood location so there should be enough room for momentos of his career. I don't recall the name of the most recent restaurant there however they also used the rooftop for dining which photos indicate Fleetwoods is also doing.

Front st looks like a fairly long street, is this bar close to the cruise ship dock? Like easy walking distance?

Edited by RUDIMAY1

Thanks. Drinks at Fleetwoods inbetween beach-shopping and Luau. Time seems like it will go fast in Maui.

I guess you'll just have to fly to Maui another time to enjoy more of the Valley Isle. ;) There's so much to experience & why the Hawaiians would say "Maui No Ka Oi"...Maui is the best. :)

I guess you'll just have to fly to Maui another time to enjoy more of the Valley Isle. ;) There's so much to experience & why the Hawaiians would say "Maui No Ka Oi"...Maui is the best. :)

Yeah that sounds like a plan. After doing research there is so much I want to see and do in Maui and Kauai, We be in Honolulu for 4 days so that should put a dent in that island.

• 1 month later...
...wish I was going. :) If you decide to take the bus, the bus stop is located behind the Wharf Cinema. You can either walk through the stores or walk around the block. Most ships tender into Lahaina. At the dock, walk to your right and you'll see the beautiful and massive Banyan Tree. Across the street is the Wharf Cinema.

Buses run every hour on the half hour...7:30, 8:30, 9:30am. Tickets are $2/person/one-way. Tip: You can purchase the all-day pass for only $4...same price as a roundtrip ticket. Two advantages: 1. Of course, you can use it all day. 2. You get "priority boarding" on your way back from Kaanapali Beach. Passengers will be heading back about the same time and the line for the bus will be long. The bus driver will allow boarding to those who purchased the all-day ticket.

At this beautiful beach, you can't really go wrong on where to stop. There are isolated spots, there are areas good for body surfing, and the best snorkeling spot is located at the end by the lava rocks. You'll often see turtles along with the hundreds of colorful fish. You can also watch a few daredevils jumping from the top of the lava rocks.

Cabanas, loungers, and chairs are available for rent. There were hotel staff at each location that will gladly rent them to you. There are also outdoor showers and restrooms. There are restaurants, bars, and even shopping. Have a wonderful day at Kaanapali Beach and happy sailing...........wish we were going! :)

How long of a bus ride would it be from the port to Kaanapali beach? I'm thinking my husband and I might take this trip while there. Are taxis also readily available if the bus is really busy? We're leaving on our first Hawaiian cruise on Tuesday! Thanks!

How long of a bus ride would it be from the port to Kaanapali beach? I'm thinking my husband and I might take this trip while there. Are taxis also readily available if the bus is really busy? We're leaving on our first Hawaiian cruise on Tuesday! Thanks!

Here's a link to a taxi website which says it cost about $20 from Lahaina to Kaanapali & takes about 10 minutes: http://lahainataxiservice.com/maui_taxi_rates

According to this Maui County website it takes 30 minutes from The Wharf Cinema Center to Kaanapali's Whaler's Village & you can click on "Routes" to get a PDF file of the schedule. http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?NID=605

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 month later...

Now it is getting to be the time to figure out which part of the beach to plop our butts on. I am thinking sort of close to Whalers Village.

What are the prices?

What do you get for your money?

2 chairs? Table? umbrella?

Beach not too crowded?

Close to restaurants and toilets?

Good swimming? Not too many rocks?

An early exploration seems that Whalers Condo might work.

Opinions Please.

Pictures?

Thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the quote on a travel page. Hopefully this will be my way of thinking. I know it is my expectations.

Turn off your cell phone. Forget to check your e-mail. You’ve got better things to do, like tanning on one of Maui’s heavenly beaches, snorkeling with turtles or indulging in Maui’s finest cuisine.

Wake to the warm sunshine and fresh air of a Maui morning. Spend the day browsing the shops of Lahaina or perusing the Maui Arts and Cultural Center.

A day on Maui and stress becomes a distant memory. Instead, you’ll experience moments of pure relaxation that you won’t soon forget.

At least it sounds better than the freezing weather we had this week. Is it May yet?

Edited by RUDIMAY1

Now it is getting to be the time to figure out which part of the beach to plop our butts on. I am thinking sort of close to Whalers Village.

What are the prices?

What do you get for your money?

2 chairs? Table? umbrella?

Beach not too crowded?

Close to restaurants and toilets?

Good swimming? Not too many rocks?

An early exploration seems that Whalers Condo might work.

Opinions Please.

Pictures?

Thanks to all.

$40 for two chairs and an umbrella. I think it was by the Westin. No public restrooms that we saw. We ate lunch at a place on the beach and then used their restrooms for the rest of the day. No one said anything. It wasn't too crowded. Good swimming but large waves the day we were there. Not good for small children.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

$40 for two chairs and an umbrella. I think it was by the Westin. No public restrooms that we saw. We ate lunch at a place on the beach and then used their restrooms for the rest of the day. No one said anything. It wasn't too crowded. Good swimming but large waves the day we were there. Not good for small children.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Was there boogie boards for rent?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes there were. I think they were around $8-$10 for the day.

Great! Now if I can only find one with a cup holder for my Mai Tai. lol

This keeps sounding like a perfect day in Maui. Beach, shopping, food and drinks, watersports and Luau at night. I get the feeling we are going to love Maui and wish we had more time.

Great! Now if I can only find one with a cup holder for my Mai Tai. lol

This keeps sounding like a perfect day in Maui. Beach, shopping, food and drinks, watersports and Luau at night. I get the feeling we are going to love Maui and wish we had more time.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Valley Isle as much as we do & will return to enjoy more of what Maui has to offer. One of the good things about a Hawaiian cruise is discovering which island to return to for a land based vacation. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Valley Isle as much as we do & will return to enjoy more of what Maui has to offer. One of the good things about a Hawaiian cruise is discovering which island to return to for a land based vacation. :)

Yes thanks it should be lots of fun exploring the islands.

• 3 weeks later...
Was there any damage in Lahaina?

I haven't heard of any damage in Lahaina, just lots of comments about all the cloudy/rainy days, but it seems that weather system has moved on and it's nice and sunny there now.

The Maui Tripadvisor forum is a good place to get current feedback on the situation there - e.g. here's one recent thread that might be of interest.