2-for-1 fares = no single supplement?

ferret

Hi, I'm new to this board and new to Radisson, but not new to cruising. I wanted to step it up a bit and try a luxury cruise, so I booked one on Voyager for December 12th because of the single supplement promo.

I have a question for you experienced RSSC solo cruisers...

On the website they are running promotions for 2-for-1 fares on a couple of cruises. Has anyone tried to book this as a double but travel as a single? Or are they running secret single promos? I only saw this $99 single promo on two of ten or so with the 2-for-1 fare. Even then, it seems ridiculous that one should have to pay what two passengers pay PLUS $99.

When they have the 2 for 1 prices, the surcharge has varied depending on the specific sailing (itinerary). The promo is just a reduced surcharge over the price for one passenger on the 2 for 1 fare published. This is a great deal for Radisson. I am booked on the ADec 5 sailing and I am paying more than 99 dollars surcharge.

Is Radisson worth it....I think so.....it has become my favorite cruise line after over 50 voyages. You will get hooked unless you want a real party animal that likes Carnival ship atmoshpere.

When they have the 2 for 1 prices, the surcharge has varied depending on the specific sailing (itinerary). The promo is just a reduced surcharge over the price for one passenger on the 2 for 1 fare published. This is a great deal for Radisson. I am booked on the ADec 5 sailing and I am paying more than 99 dollars surcharge.

Is Radisson worth it....I think so.....it has become my favorite cruise line after over 50 voyages. You will get hooked unless you want a real party animal that likes Carnival ship atmoshpere.

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was asking. The price for two people is $1649 (for both people, not per person) and the price for one person is $1748. In this case it's not much of a difference, especially when you add in taxes, but some of the cruises offering 2-for-1 don't offer a single supplement deal, so a single traveler would be paying way more than 200% single supplement....So my question is has anyone booked for two people to get the lesser rate, but just show up as one?

I'm sure the cruise is worth it at either rate. I'm actually researching this for future cruises. I have no doubt that I will like this more than the contemporary lines and want to do it again. I'm a 28 year old woman traveling alone, but sometimes I feel like an old lady on the party cruises. I really want something more refined.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. What I have seen when they say "2 for 1" is that they post a fare per person that is about half of the "Standard Cruise Fare." The fares on the RSSC website are always for each person, not for 2 people. We booked on the Navigator for Dec. 5, which is shown as having "2 for 1 plus free air," and the total cost to us (2 people) is twice what the posted fare is (e.g., around $10,000 for the both of us instead of $5000).

The RSSC web site for the Voyager Dec. 12 sailing clearly states a price of $1648 for the 1st Person, and $1648 for the 2nd Person. For two people, the total fare would be $3296 (instead of the Standard Cruise Fare of $3295 per person, or a total of $6590.) I would pay the Single Supplement of $99 instead of another $1648 any day.

The RSSC web site for the Voyager Dec. 12 sailing clearly states a price of $1648 for the 1st Person, and $1648 for the 2nd Person. For two people, the total fare would be $3296 (instead of the Standard Cruise Fare of $3295 per person, or a total of $6590.) I would pay the Single Supplement of $99 instead of another $1648 any day.

Okay, I understand now. I figured 2-for-1 meant that you paid for one passenger at $1648, that you could bring a friend at no additional charge. This is such a good deal! :D

Anyway, I'm very excited to be able to try this line. I think this is the perfect cruise to sample it....short and inexpensive. I'm researching for the biggie next summer when I do Europe.

Any other singles taking advatange of this promo?

Hi

My husband and I will be on that cruise - we are first timers as well to both RSSC and cruising. We are mid-thirties and early-forties. Looking forward to the cruise and meeting new friends.

Ann

Okay, I understand now. I figured 2-for-1 meant that you paid for one passenger at $1648, that you could bring a friend at no additional charge. This is such a good deal! :D

A killer deal! If you paid full standard fare, you'd be paying $3295 plus another 30-50% for the RSSC standard solo supplement. I don't know how many people actually pay full freight, but you should be delighted and really enjoy yourself. :)

Ferret, I owe you one. I'm on a cruise in Sept/Oct, but had some more use-it-or-lose-it vacation leave left this year, so was looking for something not terribly expensive and not terribly demanding to use that extra week. I saw this string, then. The price for this cruise is excellent, particularly compared to what one usually pays for a single supplement, and I'd been wanting to sample Voyager, so what an opportunity! So, I am booked on this cruise now. Hope you decide to do it. I expect with that single supplement, this cruise will attract a lot of solos.

Yes, I put down my deposit and booked the flight, so I'm committed! I'm glad I could help someone else. I felt the same as you...this seems like a great way to try Voyager.

Terrific. Ferret and Ann, we ought to stay in touch via this board as the time approaches since we'll all be on the cruise together. We cover a bit of a range age-wise (I will be 50 by the time of the cruise), but I've found on past cruises that I have the most fun when the age groups mix it up. RSSC does tend to skew older, but a shorter, less expensive trip like this may attract a younger crowd (like you). By the time we go, this will have been my 6th RSSC cruise, but my first on Voyager. I used to think I hated cruising until I happened on RSSC; now I love it as a way to see the world without having to pack and unpack. I think you all will be very happy you signed up for this.

I'm sure we'll find each other. I can't wait to do this trip. I was juston the Carnival Triumph on a singles cruise and I kept making mental notes, "this would never happen on Radisson!"

I still had fun, but I know I'll be ruined. :)

I have a question for you experienced RSSC solo cruisers...

While I had problems with RSSC home office, outside of their "secuirty" on the ship, I liked the cruise as my first solo cruise on the Mariner.

The thing I loved was the open seating. You could join a group or seat by yourself. I liked that. You get to meet a lot of interesting people if you join a group. Most RSSC pax are well traveled and interesting to talk to.

edited to add:

One major difference you will see is because of the low number of pax (max 700) and the opening seating, as you walk around the ship other paxs will address you by name. All in all a good cruise for a single unless you are looking to meet the love of your life :) .

Archived