Coffee!

I'm a big coffee drinker. Are there coffee makers in the room? If not should I bring my mini Keurig? Is coffee included for breakfast?

Vicki....

Proud to be a Jersey Girl

Coffee is included for all meals and also various other venues around the ship, one or more of which will be open close to 24 hours.

Coffee makers are only in Junior Suite and better staterooms.

I am a huge coffee drinker and always the first to hit the pots in the morning. Depending on which ship you will be on, it is almost always available and I must add, it's not too bad. I suggest you bring an insulated coffee mug or purchase one on the ship. Keeps it hot and can fit a lot more in it than their paper cups. Biggest problem I have found is during the busy periods, they run out of cups or lids or something. Our last cruise they ran out of lids on day 5 and if I didn't have the mug, it could have been quite messy. Guess they hadn't planned on me being on board using up the supplies. :)

I'm a big coffee drinker. Are there coffee makers in the room? If not should I bring my mini Keurig? Is coffee included for breakfast?

Vicki....

Not sure if you are allowed to bring coffee makers on board, but they do have room service and you can have a couple of pots delivered whenever you want! We do that and have coffee on the balcony before going to breakfast!

Op, I need my coffee too. I don't exactly love the coffee they offer, and sometimes take a trip to Starbucks, but it's caffeine! I also bring Splenda with me, because I don't always find it available all the time. A friend of mine always brings her favorite liquid creamer, I think they only have milk and half and half, I could be wrong though.. Just a thought, everyone takes their coffee differently.

If not should I bring my mini Keurig?

Coffee makers (Keurig included, I'm sure) is on the list of prohibited items. And frankly, why would you bring this? I see from researching your previous posts that you will be on Grandeur. They have a coffee shop called Lattétudes where you can purchase freshly brewed coffee and specialty coffee, which may be more to your liking than the complimentary Windjammer buffet or dining room coffee.

You'll figure it out. ;) Have fun.

Yes, most of the free coffee on cruise ships is incredibly awful . . . but I still drink it. The only good part of the end of a cruise is looking forward to my first morning back at home with a mug or two (or three) of delicious coffee w/my favorite creamer.:D

Coffee makers (Keurig included, I'm sure) is on the list of prohibited items. And frankly, why would you bring this? I see from researching your previous posts that you will be on Grandeur. They have a coffee shop called Lattétudes where you can purchase freshly brewed coffee and specialty coffee, which may be more to your liking than the complimentary Windjammer buffet or dining room coffee.

You'll figure it out. ;) Have fun.

You just don't find coffee brewed anywhere to compare to a Keurig so I can sympathize with the op not being able to bring theirs. They are all prohibited.

On one cruise we did see the little packets of flavored creamers but not on any others. Just half & half, whole milk and skim milk.

The coffee makers in the suites make the WORST cup of coffee. Between the taste and trouble putting it all together, easier to order a pot via room service or run down to wherever you can get it on the ship.

Next to a good glass of wine, nothing beats a great cup of coffee on the balcony watching the sun rise and/or pulling into port.

Ah yes, I used lots of those Starbucks instant coffees pouches when we lost electricity for two week when Sandy hit our area. Not too bad... But good in a pinch.

Vicki....

Vicki....

I want to know if we can bring electric kettles? That way we can make our own french press coffee using our own coffee from home.

I want to know if we can bring electric kettles? That way we can make our own french press coffee using our own coffee from home.

I would guess that since a kettle produces heat, it's prohibited:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

also forbidden. you can ask for a thermos of hot water that has not been used for coffee. but no it won't be a rolling boil

Yes, most of the free coffee on cruise ships is incredibly awful . . . but I still drink it. The only good part of the end of a cruise is looking forward to my first morning back at home with a mug or two (or three) of delicious coffee w/my favorite creamer.:D

Matter of opinion, of course, but I found the coffee on Oasis to actually be quite good. It's Seattle's Best, seemed like a dark roast as it was a lot stronger than what I usually drink. Completely drinkable and never once needed to go to Starbucks and pay for coffee.

Archived