question about Specialty Restaurants

cruiseorbust

Haven't been on Celebrity in years, mostly RCI. Trying to decide on the package of specialty restaurants or only going to one and eating in the main dining room every other night. Is there one restaurant that shouldn't be missed? Opinions wanted. We will be on the Reflection so our choices would be Murano, Qsine, Tuscan, Lawn Club Grill.

I have tried Olympic on Millennium, and Tuscan Grill, Murano and Silk Harvest. I have not tried Bistro on 5 because I am allergic to wheat. I could strongly recommend any of them, but the best for food is Murano and the best for view is Tuscan Grill. The service at Murano is over-the-top and could be a bit annoying to some people.

I loved Qsine and I'm looking forward to going back on my next cruise. For me, it's one to not be missed because it's unique. Qsine is quirky and fun and it felt very relaxed.

It seriously just comes down to what you're wanting to experience on your cruise. Some will argue that "it's not worth the extra money" and others (like me) say it's worth it. If you feel like pushing your culinary boundries, then pick which place you think you'll enjoy the most.

I would book a package; makes the per/restaurant price more palatable. All are unique from one another and all a significant step up from the MDR. If I had to pick one I would opt for Murano or Qsine, but I enjoy them all.

I have tried Olympic on Millennium, and Tuscan Grill, Murano and Silk Harvest. I have not tried Bistro on 5 because I am allergic to wheat. I could strongly recommend any of them, but the best for food is Murano and the best for view is Tuscan Grill. The service at Murano is over-the-top and could be a bit annoying to some people.

Bistro on 5 is a nice and inexpensive alternative. If you call ahead they will make Gluten Free crepes.

On the Reflection, we thought the best meal was in Tuscan Grill. Great views from there as well if you get there early enough. If you are looking for formal service and some dishes being prepared at your table, then Murano should be considered. But it can get real 'stuffy' in there. Not sure if waiters are allowed to smile there (lol)

Tuscan Grill is my favorite. In Feb. on Silhouette we had such a wonderful meal we went back a second time. The year before on Solstice we had been to Murano and it was OK but, maybe a little too "froo froo" and the food just wasn't "to die for"

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't been on Celebrity in years, mostly RCI. Trying to decide on the package of specialty restaurants or only going to one and eating in the main dining room every other night. Is there one restaurant that shouldn't be missed? Opinions wanted. We will be on the Reflection so our choices would be Murano, Qsine, Tuscan, Lawn Club Grill.

I would recommend eating in as many specialty restaurants that you can afford.

Tuscan and Murano were our favorites.

Silk Harvest (not on your ship) was amazing!

Qsine was fun.

I am sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight home after two amazing weeks aboard the Eclipse! We took out the 3 dinner package prior to boarding and we changed this to the 5 dinner as it was so good!! Here are some photos to wet your appetite!! ImageUploadedByForums1375529863.978067.jpg.853e147c7841861ad7222473aef06028.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1375529801.999494.jpg.9ec167e517130a0aec7a4075519089d9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1375529831.343258.jpg.b82bfb85b3f6d1fad54a399fba13912c.jpg

As the first reply said, you can safely miss them all. If you are more than comfortable having reasonably good food, on a fairly limited menu night after night in MDR, just save a few $ and eat there all the time.

On the other hand ............ you're on holiday, why not give the ball a kick and enjoy some really nice food. Which one to go in depends entirely on your tastes and preferences.

If you like Asian food I can recommend Silk Harvest. At the other end, if you want rich, carefully cooked food on fancy plates in a more formal setting then Murano is worth a go, but even as a confirmed foodie I couldn't do it 14 nights on the trot.

For a bit of a change at lunchtime and for only $5 a head you could do a lot worst than Bistro on Five and will appreciate being able to miss the sea of elbows and searching for a table at the buffet.

We too thought the best food (and service) was at Tuscan Grill, but that was just our particular food preferences. Can't comment on QSine, we've not been on a ship with that restaurant but will definately give it a go when we are.

Why not give them all a go? But seriously, do think about a change from MDR on at least a night or two.

The MDR food is usually very good, so you could skip them all and still have great meals.

I have eaten in them all (except the Lawn Grill as I haven't sailed on a ship that had one), and I find my favorites vary by ship. On our last cruise, we liked Silk Harvest the best. Murano was good but not great, as was Tuscan. In both, service left something to be desired, while the Silk Harvest service was outstnding. On the cruise before that, we really enjoyed Qsine, much more so than we thought we would. On that particular cruise, Tuscan was excellent. If funds permit, I would recommend trying at least one. My suggestion would be to pick the type of food (and experience) that most appeals to you. You can easily search these boards for the menus. Like all food, it has been my experience that quality (and service) varies somewhat by ship so saying one is better than another is really more likely a reflection of a particular meal on a particular ship. My opinion.

Archived