You Decide! Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?  

955 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

• Barbados
    • Charleston
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Galveston
    • Jacksonvile
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • New York
    • Port Canaveral
    • San Juan
    • Tampa
    • Other (My Choice is Not Listed Here)

Hard to believe that 3 people said Tampa. Sure I would LOVE that, being only 50 minutes away, but maybe they forgot that megaships can't sail out of the port. There's that little thing called the Skyway bridge, and the shallower channel waters.

Well, I would love to see it home port in Tampa; but you're right, nothing larger than a spirit class ship can make it under the Sunshine Skyway.

Maybe one day they'll build that long fabled cruise port off the coast of Pinellas county and the Tampa Bay area will be able to accommodate larger ships; but until then I can dream. :rolleyes:

It will require better itineraries. And a stack that fits under the VNB.

New Yorkers want better than a Bahamas/Port Canaveral or a Halifax run. Bermuda would fit the bill.

But if the ship happens to be a new innovation, those of us that sail for the ship will be OVER THE MOON.

Carnival sorely lacks and needs a destination ship.

On the Explorer they need to kind haul when goimg under the VNB (

the ship rides lower in the water the faster it goes). Even then, the captain came in the PA and said they only have 6 meters of clearance.

So would definitely have to have a somewhat limited stack.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with the NE ports is the itinerary is so limited. Who wants to pay big bucks to go on a destination ship to Nassau and Freeport? No, Vista will definitely go to Florida where there is easy access to Southern, Eastern, Western Caribbean. I'd love for it to port in Tampa but it would never make it under the bridge. Since Dream left Port Canaveral that does leave an opening. Port Canaveral with it's easy access to Orlando can definitely support two good ships.

• 1 month later...

Ideally I would love for it to be in Tampa, since I am 20 minutes from the port here, but Port Canaveral would make more sense and I'd still sail on her from there. Ft. Lauderdale would be another good location for more exotic trips down to the southern Caribbean.

Problem with the NE ports is the itinerary is so limited. Who wants to pay big bucks to go on a destination ship to Nassau and Freeport? No, Vista will definitely go to Florida where there is easy access to Southern, Eastern, Western Caribbean. I'd love for it to port in Tampa but it would never make it under the bridge. Since Dream left Port Canaveral that does leave an opening. Port Canaveral with it's easy access to Orlando can definitely support two good ships.

I'm still thinking NYC to compete with the Breakaway. Fingers crossed for an NYC - Bermuda run:)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I'm still thinking NYC to compete with the Breakaway. Fingers crossed for an NYC - Bermuda run:)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Yeah but in 2016 there will be ncl getaway and anthem of the seas. That is why I don't think they are too concerned with putting it in NYC.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ideally I would love for it to be in Tampa, since I am 20 minutes from the port here, but Port Canaveral would make more sense and I'd still sail on her from there. Ft. Lauderdale would be another good location for more exotic trips down to the southern Caribbean.

Won't fit under the skyway bridge.

I live in Cocoa Beach. The word here is that Port Canaveral is the top choice for the Vista. Port Canaveral has been dredging the Jetty and for almost 1 1/2 years to accommodate the mega ships.

They are even in the early stages of designing a new port/dock for the ships to maneuver in next to Grill's restaurant. The mega ships will then be able to stop here as a port of call.

Since the Dream is leaving and we are getting the Sunshine and Liberty, it sounds like due to the high number of cruisers here that Carnival has been talking to Port Canaveral about a new ship here.

I cant copy and paste the link but it is under Port Canaveral news if you Google it.

I live in Cocoa Beach. The word here is that Port Canaveral is the top choice for the Vista. Port Canaveral has been dredging the Jetty and for almost 1 1/2 years to accommodate the mega ships.

They are even in the early stages of designing a new port/dock for the ships to maneuver in next to Grill's restaurant. The mega ships will then be able to stop here as a port of call.

Since the Dream is leaving and we are getting the Sunshine and Liberty, it sounds like due to the high number of cruisers here that Carnival has been talking to Port Canaveral about a new ship here.

I cant copy and paste the link but it is under Port Canaveral news if you Google it.

AGREE !!!! Port Canaveral :D

• 2 months later...
Not necessarily, there are many factors that go into how successful a cruise ship will be in a certain market. I'm not saying Breakaway and Quantum won't be big competition for Splendor but only time will tell which of the three will come out on top.

Personally, when I go on a cruise I want to start off warm and end warm, so cruising out of NYC is not on my to do list :) Coming from the northern plains I do not want to pack extra warm clothes for 2 days of possible cold weather, I want to leave the parka in the car, and focus on the lightweight clothing ;)...Other than possibly saving on airfare, cruising out of NYC, just isn't my game plan so if the Vista ends up there as a home port I will have to admire all the pics people will share :)

• 2 months later...

I just want a ship home-ported in Norfolk, VA.

Traditionally, we are a regional homeport for whichever ship is back and forth between New York and Florida. So if the Vista goes to NY, it'd be nice to get the newest ship for a month or two.

But I'd rather see ship come year round, even if it's older. Although, given my choice, I'd love for us to get the Sunshine or a Conquest or Spirit Class ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Please bring it to Southern California...Carnival doesn't care about us.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

You guys had the Splendor as a brand new ship and could not fill her. Carnival is the only cruiseline to put a new ship on the west coast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Asia

Bill

Maybe if it was another brand in carnival corp but IMHO CCL is too american for Asia. It may work for other English speaking markets. I think CCL will always be carnival corps north american brand while they send their other brands ( costa and princess) to Asia.