Choosing the Right Travel Insurance

jtwanabe

We I read all the explanation my eyes start to bleed. Can anyone direct me

to a site that will explain it all. Primary .... secondary ... apothecary ....:confused:

Thanks,

JT

I always use insuremytrip.com

I find all the coverages explained and easy to compare policies. Good luck!

We I read all the explanation my eyes start to bleed. Can anyone direct me

to a site that will explain it all. Primary .... secondary ... apothecary ....man it's scary .....:confused:

Thanks,

JT

I use TripInsuranceStore and would highly recommend calling and speaking to one of their reps. They are very knowledgable and helpful and will work with you to get the coverage you need for your situation. Good Luck;)

As a Canadian, our Canadian insurance quotes are scary so we use Squaremouth Insurance. They have been constantly cheaper for us over the past 4 years than companies such as InsureMyTrip. I have insurance through work but we both feel more confident in having a secondary source of insurance, especially the trip interruption portion. They give you multiple quotes and you can compare them in easy to understand formats.

Keep in mind that the first question would be whether you even need or want to buy any travel insurance. If you do not have medical insurance that would give you coverage outside your own country then you definitely should get something that has decent medical coverage. As to trip cancellation insurance, this is really a personal preference. Some folks (including myself) seldom purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance because we prefer to self-insure that part of our trips. Your liability for the cost of a trip is limited by the cost of the trip....whereas your medical risk is essentially unlimited.

Hank

Archived