Which Departure Port Would You Most Likely Cruise From?

rsjc

Which Departure Port Would You Most Likely Cruise From?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Which Departure Port Would You Most Likely Cruise From?

• Alabama
    • California
    • Florida
    • Louisiana
    • New York
    • Texas
    • Other

Everything else being equal, I would prefer to sail from Boston, but this would necessarily limit the itineraries and ships I could sail on, so I guess my true answer would have to be that the itinerary and the ship play a much bigger role in my cruise decision than the departure port.

This is a silly question. I'll sail from the port that's the one my cruise ship is sailing from!

That said, I've been sailing from Galveston cause I live in Houston. But you know, there's only so many times I can see Cozumel which is why my next cruise is sailing out of San Juan. /wink

Well, at this time California is winning. Sure makes me wonder why we don't get more attention from the cruise industry.

Although, California winning might have something to due with the time difference. All the easterners are probably all asleep right now.

Not that difficult. Take a repo cruise through the Panama Canal into the Caribbean. :)

I misspoke.... what I meant was I have never seen a cruise depart from California... visit the Caribbean... and return to California in one cruise ;)

I misspoke.... what I meant was I have never seen a cruise depart from California... visit the Caribbean... and return to California in one cruise ;)

Well what I really meant by the Caribbean was tropical type cruises from US ports. I guess the word Caribbean was generic for that.

I would prefer to cruise from Boston, but as previous posters have said itineraries are llimited and cruises are generally considerably more expensive. Are you listening RCCL???!!!

I really didn't vote for any...but would sail from NY/NJ since there is no air involved..and close to home.

FL is a second choice because the air travel is shorter and my parents live there for the winter..

San Juan is my favorite because it goes to all the ports we really like...

I didn't vote either because it depends on where we are going. Miami to E. and W. Carib. San Juan to S. and Galveston to PC. We live in SW OH, so we have to fly to the port in any case.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02

Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03

Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03

Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04

Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05

Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords 6/19/06

Although I live in Fort Lauderdale, and voted for Florida, having been a native New Yorker most of my life, and remembering especially as a child, watching the site of the great ships of that day, as The Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mary, Andrea Doria, Ile de France, among many others, sail down the Hudson River, IMHO cannot be surpassed. It's always been a dream of mine to sail from New York Harbor, just for the sheer beauty of seeing the skyscrapers, Ellis Island ,and our beloved Lady Liberty. Oh, and also to go under the Verrezzano Bridge.

I think it's more expensive leaving out of New York, but I hope to leave from New York in the very near future. Even though you may have a day of cold weather, or perhaps somewhat longer, before you hit warmer territory, I would still love to do it.

IMHO there is nothing comparable, except perhaps San Francisco.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam, December 16th, 2004, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Ericknow32

I am off topic but I just had to say hi since I live in the same place you do!

They do stiff us here in California on cruises. I would like to see one of the Voyager class ships come out here. Also, I would like to see a summer where there are trips from here to the Mexican Riveria. They always send them to Alaska so we have no RCCl option for Mexico in the summmer.

I voted for Florida since it is the closest to the caribbean without having to pay $1000 a person for airfare. If it was cheaper I would like to try cruising from San Juan, but the airfaire from California is killer.

Well, my 2cents are simple, I voted for Florida b/c I love that state. DH & I travel there often, cheap airfare and fantastic beaches/towns.

That said, I want to travel all over (and although upcoming cruise is first cruise, I am off to a good start via other travels) so, I hope to continue cruising, and take advantage of other originating ports. For example, I haven't been to the Jersey shore before, so a cruise from there would allow me the opportunity to see that area in addition the ports on the cruise itinerary!

So, I guess my answer is most anywhere, as I'd like to see/go everywhere!! (yeah, I'm corny and I dream big... oh well!!)

Archived