What does this Captains Circle email mean?

pamwinn

I admit that I do not spend a lot of time on here like I once did. Buy I did a search and did not see a thread on this. My mom received this message from Princess: I am not going to dig...sorry. But this is what my Mom recieived today: As a valued member of our Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle®, we wanted to inform you that the name of your current membership level is changing from “Medallion” to “Ruby”. Please note that this is a name change only, and you will continue to enjoy the same great benefits you’ve earned as a member of this level, plus the benefits available to Gold Members:

What is going on?

I admit that I do not spend a lot of time on here like I once did. Buy I did a search and did not see a thread on this. My mom received this message from Princess: I am not going to dig...sorry. But this is what my Mom recieived today: As a valued member of our Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle®, we wanted to inform you that the name of your current membership level is changing from “Medallion” to “Ruby”. Please note that this is a name change only, and you will continue to enjoy the same great benefits you’ve earned as a member of this level, plus the benefits available to Gold Members:

What is going on?

its only about the different benefits https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

In case you weren't aware of the new level of "Medallion," it's a level introduced a few months ago for those with three completed cruises or 30 days cruised. About the only perk is automatic upgrade to Platinum Princess insurance. There are a couple of other perks but they're pretty meaningless. The next level above Ruby (formerly Medallion) is Platinum.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

The change is not in name only because the Medallion level was through the end of the 6th cruise. The Ruby level is through the end of the 5th cruise. So we now get to Platinum one cruise faster. :)

No, sorry, it wasn't. It was always the end of fifth cruise for Platinum. The Medallion level introduction made no changes to that.

No, sorry, it wasn't. It was always the end of fifth cruise for Platinum. The Medallion level introduction made no changes to that.

I concur with this. Platinum status was always achieved at the end of the 5th cruise, not 6th. The only new or added feature is the Ruby (previously Medallion) level.

What is going on?

I'm a little confused by the question... you might be reading to much into it.

Princess is simply changing the name of the "Medallion" membership level to "Ruby".

If your not familiar with "Medallion", then you probably missed that Princess added this level not too long ago in between Gold and Platinum. Now the levels go; Gold, Medallion (now Ruby), Platinum & Elite.

Archived