Private Tour in Tangier

LL

We are on the Windsurf and will be in Tangier on September 9. We would like to get a private tour guide to see the sights in and around Tangier. Everything I've read on Tangier is fairly negative. Does anyone have any recommendations for a private guide and an e-mail address?

I don't have a recommendation for a guide, but I just wanted to tell you that if you can get past people hustling you, you will have a great time. My husband is Moroccan and I am always shocked at the love/hate relationship people seem to have with the place. People either adore Morocco or detest it. Of course, a lot depends on your expectations and attitude.

Remember that hustlers are everywhere, not just Morocco, that for many of them, this is their (unfortunate) livelihood, and scream "hshouma" (a horrible sort of shame) at anyone who becomes too aggressive or gets too close. Don't scream this at beggars, though--they belong to a different sort of category altogether from hustlers.

If you have any questions about Morocco in general I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to e-mail me at casoli1 at yahoo dot com.

Have a wonderful trip.

--Nicole

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We are on the Windsurf and will be in Tangier on September 9. We would like to get a private tour guide to see the sights in and around Tangier. Everything I've read on Tangier is fairly negative. Does anyone have any recommendations for a private guide and an e-mail address?

We used an excellent private tour guide,for two days of touring Morocco. he did everything, from pick us up from the ferry, book our hotel, take us to dinner, and tailor our tours as we requested. He provides many different tours to different cities. I have loaded all my Morocco photos to my website, which I would like you to see. Please go to www.briceplace.com. Then, Click under Morocco 2005, I provided a link to your information, so I can refer anyone who is interested in traveling to Tangier/Morocco to contact him.

Wayne and Danelle Brice

• 7 years later...

We used an excellent private tour guide,for two days of touring Morocco. he did everything, from pick us up from the ferry, book our hotel, take us to dinner, and tailor our tours as we requested. He provides many different tours to different cities. I have loaded all my Morocco photos to my website, which I would like you to see.

Please go to BricePlace.com website Then, Click under Morocco2005, I provided a link to your information, so I can refer anyone who is interested in traveling to Tangier/Morocco to contact Mr. Idrissi. Email: tangiertours@yahoo.com

Wayne and Danelle Brice

Edited by lbart2

• 2 months later...
Please go to BricePlace.com website Then, Click under Morocco2005, I provided a link to your information, so I can refer anyone who is interested in traveling to Tangier/Morocco to contact Mr. Idrissi. Email: tangiertours@yahoo.com
That link you have on your website for the website of the guide, I hope is in error. It is to an "adult" site and has an obscene name. :eek: I'm not even going try the email address.

• 4 weeks later...

That link for the website of the guide, is very helpful. It is for travelers seeking a credible private tour Guide in Tangier and other Moroccan cities. the site has No "adult" site and has No obscene name! thank you

• 3 months later...
We used an excellent private tour guide,for two days of touring Morocco. he did everything, from pick us up from the ferry, book our hotel, take us to dinner, and tailor our tours as we requested. He provides many different tours to different cities. I have loaded all my Morocco photos to my website, which I would like you to see.

Wayne and Danelle Brice

Thank you Wayne for posting your pictures. We will be in Tangiers November 2014 from 8am-5pm. I think that there is only time to do Tetouan or Chefchaouen. Which city would you recommend? We are looking for culture, architecture, interesting markets (but not really shopping).

Thank you Betty, Since you are looking for culture, architecture and interesting markets, I personally suggest Chefchaouen. It is situated in the heart of Morocco's Rif Mountains, sometimes called Chaouen. The streets and most of the buildings in the old part of town (Medina) are painted a most brilliant sky blue. The mountains which you can see at the end of every cobbled street are rugged and majestic, and above all, is relaxed and quite stunning to look at. This legendary Moroccan town wants to attract visitors interested in its rich history and culture.

If you want to get the most out of your time in Tangier, there are not better way to see the Morocco’s Eternal town of Chefchaouen than with our best Tangier English speaking private tour guide Idrissi Email : tangiertours@yahoo.com

With careful planning Tangier and Chefchaouen can be seen in a day. We waste no time in lines or long transfers. Idrissi know all the tricks of the trade, like avoiding the lines and those who try to profiteer from the city’s guests. bring sense to sites. The clear mountain light just adds a magical touch to the place. It's no wonder that Chefchaouen is a favorite destination for travelers visiting Morocco. The main square in the Medina is lined with cafes and filled to the brim with locals and tourist mingling easily, Sincerely, Wayne