Tenders

electra2008

All seem to be different. On Q V last week those on tours were asked to make their own way ashore (via tenders of course they were not asked to swim) and met up with the tours when ashore. Waits were quite long and some took an hour to make it, though tours waited for late comers.

As always we all want to leave the ship around the same time. The crew members suffered most though, and at each tender port we saw a group waiting to board who were told to leave and wait till there was spare capacity on the tenders as there were passengers waiting.

David.

Normally when in a port where tenders are used, the early trips meet in the theatre, given a coloured numbered ticket and are then sent ashore on tender in groups. The later trips are usually asked to meet on shore. People going ashore not on a trip are usually held back until after the trip rush has gone.

It depends to an extent on the port and the harbormaster's restrictions on harbor access by the tenders. At Lahaina on QV we gave up and spent the afternoon on the balcony but typically it hasn't been much of an issue.

On a recent cruise on the Q.E I was ashore on the very 1st tender & I was the only passenger on it. I took a few photographs' took a look around had a drink in a local café & I was back on-board the ship by 10 So if you are prepared to take the very 1st tender ashore you can beat the rush of the ships excursions.

Archived