Patters on Diamond

wheretocruise

Caroline, thanks for the offer. I am interested in the following:

1) Are computer classes still held? Do they cost anything? Are basic classes free?

2) Why day do they have the kitchen / cooking tour (is it both or do I have this description correct?

3) Is tea still served in the afternoons?

Thanks in advance!!

1) Are computer classes still held? Do they cost anything? Are basic classes free? I think one or two were free relating to photography but the others carried a surcharge of approx. $20-25.. they were held in the wedding chapel!!!

2) Why day do they have the kitchen / cooking tour (is it both or do I have this description correct? Chef and hotel director did cooking demo on Friday a.m. about 10:30.. they are actually entertaining.. they give out the recipes they do if you can't stay. Galley tour follows.

1. What days and times does the naturalist speak? What are the topics? Michael did presentation on Sunday, Monday and again on Thursday and I Friday on topics ranging from Alaska wildlife to glaciers to native culture. And excellent narration throughout the ship while in Tracy Arm. Many have commented that he's one of the best!

2. When does Libby Riddles speak? Libby comes aboard in Juneau while ship is docked at about 7-7:30 p.m.. which is great unless you are still on tour or in town after tours. Unfortunately bec. she is in Juneau for the summer to come aboard Princess ships this obviously has to be scheduled during a port call!

Yes they did offer deals towards the end of the week for the spa.

You really dont want the Patters scanned! Half the fun of coming back to your stateroom each night is sitting with the new patter and planning your day =)

Do make sure you catch Michaels narrative through Tracy Arm...he did a very good job with that and several presentations as well. (they will broadcast it on the TV ov your stateroom if you are going to be on your balcony during Tracy Arm. The Art auctioneer was very good as well even if your not into art it is a fun and informative. Have fun..just got back a couple weeks ago and cant wait to go again!

Caroline, thanks for answering my questions. I definitely still would be interested in reviewing the Patters, pre-cruise. I was so exhausted in the evenings to read the patters and half asleep in the morning that I missed out on the cooking/kitchen tour and a few other events.

If anyone out there is willing, I'd still like to see copies!!

Archived