I do not understand cruise pricing.

My Husband and I booked an inside cabin for 499 each on a 7 night cruise on Vision of the Seas. (10/23/05)

My sister decided to try to book the guarantee like we did, but for her, her bf, and her son. The guarantee was available for two people at 499 - but there was no guarantee for three people. The price was higher per person for three people...then with two. (Most likely because it was an assigned cabin over a guarantee.)

Why wouldn't the guarantee be available for three people?

That seems really odd to me. Am I not aware of some secret pricing scale? :confused:

Not odd at all. There are only a certain amount of rooms that have a pullman bed (the bed that pulls from the ceiling so that a 3rd person can fit into an inside room). The inside guarantee is there to stuff you in ANY available inside room. Most of the rooms do not have a pullman bed for a 3rd so they will not usually give a 3 or 4 person guarantee.

Lou

Not odd at all. There are only a certain amount of rooms that have a pullman bed (the bed that pulls from the ceiling so that a 3rd person can fit into an inside room). The inside guarantee is there to stuff you in ANY available inside room. Most of the rooms do not have a pullman bed for a 3rd so they will not usually give a 3 or 4 person guarantee.

Lou

Lou, you are a genius. I knew there had to be a perfectly legitimate reason! :o

sometimes the pricing makes no sense at all. An example we wanted to book the special for three people in two rooms. We thought we would be charged double the special for the third person- no way the single was being charged double the regular rate not the special--please tell me how that makes sense..it doesn't.

sometimes the pricing makes no sense at all. An example we wanted to book the special for three people in two rooms. We thought we would be charged double the special for the third person- no way the single was being charged double the regular rate not the special--please tell me how that makes sense..it doesn't.

Just make up the fourth person's name, then do a no show at the pier for that person, cabin is already paid for, they are not going to change the charged paid rate at the pier. By that time you are paid in full.

Jimbo:)

Just make up the fourth person's name, then do a no show at the pier for that person, cabin is already paid for, they are not going to change the charged paid rate at the pier. By that time you are paid in full.

Jimbo:)

That is what I did...I just didn't want to post it....

PS my brother doesn't know he missed the ship

Archived