Review of majesty/ july 2013

We did Pearls of the Aegean itinerary on 5th July with a week in San Stephanos at the Thomas bay the week before.

We actually quite liked the Majesty, I agree with several others that the layout isn’t perfect but we liked it anyway J

The pool deck can get a bit hectic and busy but lots of life up there if that’s what you want. Both pools were fab and big bonus for me was I could actually touch the bottom in both ! Plenty of sunloungers on the deck above the pools ( easy access down to pools ) or on the prom deck and yes there were beds saved by some people but never for long. If your out on deck for 9.30 no prob, if to try to find one at 12 then little chance but only same as every other ship.

We weren’t over keen on the buffet layouts, we liked the Café Royal best ( they had really nice “proper “ ham at lunch time and you could take your meal down to Royal Observatory all very civilised and nice and quiet ) but it never stayed open very long, closed at 2pm sharp at lunch times so we had to use the other one which was fine but didn’t seem quite as good and no nice ham !

Cabin was great, we had a “plus” cabin on deck 7 , Prom deck , absolutely loved the position of it and would book the same one again (726)

For some reason even though it was a plus cabin we only had the tiny wardrobe you get in a standard cabin but we were fine. Bed was very comfy ( made up as a large double) we had a big flat screen TV ,there were lots of drawers and the bathroom was fine. Our cabin lads Frady and Jeff were the best we’ve had and we had some great towel animals every night (will add a link to my photos, we liked the fish best!)

Food was great, absolutely no complaints at all, we used 4 seasons for breakfast and evening meal, staff fab, everything perfect.

We had a table for 2 some nights and Franco did offer to save us one every night if we knew what time we would dine but we like to just relax and not clock watch so we shared some nights which of course was fine.

Used the Bistro twice, loved the mushroom soup in the bread bowl, the Fillet steak was mega ( It was part of the surf and turf but I didn’t have the prawns) so many courses we waddled out both times !

We were all inc , all drinks were fine , again no complaints, the house wines (red, rose and white ) were all actually fab !! I would have chosen them even if paying they were so good and at night in MDR you only had to have a sip and you were re-filled !

Show team were brilliant, recognised Rob as he was on the Spirit two years ago , hes got a fab voice as have all the others. Shows were excellent and we really didn’t notice the low ceiling at all, the Michael Jackson one was amazing as was the Queen show.

We really liked the comedian George king but couldn’t get in for the second (different) show he did as was packed out even standing several deep at the back so that was a shame L ( I know he’s not everyones cup of tea from a couple of comments on f/b but we liked him and from the comments so did 99% who saw him.)

CD and assistant CD were both really good, mega friendly and loads going on , sorry can’t remember names and I never bring the sheets back with the info on but they were good.

Itinerary was excellent, if anyone wants details of any trips, ports just ask. Santorini stood out and it was stunning , Katakolon at the end was a bit of a let down as we wanted a chilled day but every shop and bar hassled you which was a shame but they are in trouble at the min in Greece and need every cent so never mind.

Met the lovely Paul Doran and his wife Jane and brother Neil and his partner Garry, what a lovely family!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Hotel Stay the week before the cruise was great.

Thomas Bay hotel in lovely San Stephanos.

Mega friendly hotel, food was fine and staff fab.

Lovely huge pool.

Resort fantastic and chilled, we never got hassled once to “come in this bar” or buy this etc etc….met some great people and loved it.

Have heard a few people on a Cruise & Stay have been a bit disappointed with the Hotel expecting it to be something it’s not, it is exactly as described in the brochure and we would defiantly recommend it. It is not 4 star super glitzy with an a la carte though so please don’t expect that. Think some people just don’t really check what they are booking which is a shame as they then moan and complain when the hotel is great.

So , we had a fab two weeks , we would book the Majesty again without a worry and also the Thomas Bay J

Great review Dreamgirl,another positive one.If they`re all like that for the next 10 months i`ll be happy :D

We loved it Jim, our favouite spot in the evening was the Polo lounge just next to the theatre, staff all round were more than great, loved every single min of it :)

Great review Vicki, again. :D. We seem to like the same things...except perhaps the Majesty swimming pool. Might have to do what Julie does and go in between 6.00 and 7.00am. :eek: 6 weeks now for me and I know I am going to love it. :). Bought a new maxi dress today, ideal for Thomas Bay if I don't eat too much on Majesty!

Great review Dreamgirl.

Will you be changing your name to Majestygirl now;)

The Majesty exceeded our expectations after reading some of the reviews, either it's got better or some people have a different view of things than us.

The Polo lounge was always packed, we never got a seat in there, we stood up to listen to Brandi and Max' late night spot, they were great.

The Majesty exceeded our expectations after reading some of the reviews, either it's got better or some people have a different view of things than us.

The Polo lounge was always packed, we never got a seat in there, we stood up to listen to Brandi and Max' late night spot, they were great.

We liked it in February. I think, as has been said, people were disappointed at being changed from the Destiny, but we hadn't been on the Destiny, so couldn't compare them. I expect it was the same as the Dream and the Celebration which were not popular at first, until they were "Thomsonized":)

Hi Jackie, I have just put instructions on for countdown clocks for Wigan Warrior. Where is your Caribbean one? :D:D:D

I bought a new dress on Tuesday, shouldn't really, but couldn't resist it :rolleyes::D

http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/40906?colour=Aubergine

Lovely, Linda. Mine is similar colour ....black with red flowers. I need to be brave to wear it.

Hi Jackie, I have just put instructions on for countdown clocks for Wigan Warrior. Where is your Caribbean one? :D:D:D

I bought a new dress on Tuesday, shouldn't really, but couldn't resist it :rolleyes::D

Linda, re: countdown clocks, just haven't got round to doing it.

Hope this works. My dress!

http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12557&catalogId=33058&productId=9984264&categoryId=209224&parent_category_rn=209222

Great review, Dreamgirl :)

Love the dresses, ladies.

Too busy atm to be on here or FB and am missing so much :(

You need to multi task, Nell. Iron a bit.....check FB, iron a bit more....check CC, garden a bit...., And I wonder why I don't get much time to read my Kindle. :rolleyes:

Great review Vicki, again. :D. We seem to like the same things...except perhaps the Majesty swimming pool. Might have to do what Julie does and go in between 6.00 and 7.00am. :eek: !

The early bird catches the worm Jackie :D Also gets a sunbed too - if anyone had said to me 10 years ago that I would be getting up at silly times on holiday, I would have laughed at them - I have just got myself into a lovely "cruise routine" now of late nights & early mornings & try to catch a few zzz's in the sun in the afternoon! Not sure I would be quite the same if I was cruising at Easter or if it was a colder - the beauty of going in the height of the summer; the morning heat is pleasant & the pool is refreshing ;)

The early bird catches the worm Jackie :D Also gets a sunbed too - if anyone had said to me 10 years ago that I would be getting up at silly times on holiday, I would have laughed at them - I have just got myself into a lovely "cruise routine" now of late nights & early mornings & try to catch a few zzz's in the sun in the afternoon! Not sure I would be quite the same if I was cruising at Easter or if it was a colder - the beauty of going in the height of the summer; the morning heat is pleasant & the pool is refreshing ;)

You are certainly right there, Julie. A Nana nap after lunch is good too! :rolleyes:;)

loving those dresses girls! I am looking for a couple of pretties for my holiday,,can I find anything to fit nicely,,can I bob!! :( Loving the love that the Maj is getting as well:)

I'm loving the thoughts of wearing mine on Majesty in Sept and Dream in February. (Just boasting) ;). Everything in the shops now is just the tail end of the sales and Autumn stuff.....

thanks for this dreamgirl.....so pleased you had a great time:cool:

looks like majesty is getting fab reviews now (after the destiny disappointment) this is making me seriously consider it for a family break this winter

anyone know how the 3/4 berth cabins are laid out? are they in L shape? is there a sofa in any cabins?

The things Vicky thought were excellent about the Majesty are the same things I loved about it and the negatives are identical too. The staff, the food, the quality of the entertainment were superb. The layout of the ship for me was a compromise too far but not for Vicky and that comes down to many things and individual choices.

The only way to know how you would feel about it is to try it. I don't think you would have a bad holiday.

As far as the cabin sizes go I believe all of the plus cabins are a standard size and I wouldn't like to have a family of 4 in there. There are no sofas. I cannot comment on the suites. Perhaps someone else can help you there.

Archived